THE UNEXPECTED HOUR

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MAS
S
 
 Act of Love before Mass  
MEMORIAL OF BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
SATURDAY 34TH WEEK  IN ORDINARY TIME 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Readings Lectures Reflection 

First Reading Daniel 7:15-27
His sovereignty will be an eternal sovereignty
I, Daniel, was deeply disturbed and the visions that passed through my head alarmed me. So I approached one of those who were standing by and asked him to tell me the truth about all this. And in reply he revealed to me what these things meant. “These four great beasts are four kings who will rise from the earth. Those who are granted sovereignty are the saints of the Most High, and the kingdom will be theirs for ever, for ever and ever.” Then I asked to know the truth about the fourth beast, different from all the rest, very terrifying, with iron teeth and bronze claws, eating, crushing
and trampling underfoot what remained; and the truth about the ten horns on its head – and why the other horn sprouted and the three original horns fell, and why this horn had eyes and a mouth that was full of boasts, and why it made a greater show than the other horns. This was the horn I had watched making war on the saints and proving the stronger, until the coming of the one of great age who gave judgement in favour of the saints of the Most High, when the time came for the saints to take over the kingdom. This is what he said:

'The fourth beast is to be fourth kingdom on earth, different from all kingdoms. It will devour the whole earth, trample it underfoot and crush it. As for the ten horns: from this kingdom will rise ten kings, and another after them; this one will be different from the previous ones and will bring down three kings; he is going to speak words against the Most High, and harass the saints of the Most High. He will consider changing seasons and Law, and the saints will be put into his power for a time, two times, and half a time.  But a court will be held and his power will be stripped from him, consumed, and utterly destroyed. And sovereignty and kingship, and spendours, of all the kingdoms under heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Most High.  His sovereignty is an eternal sovereignty and every empire will serve and obey him.'

Responsorial Psalm
Give glory and eternal praise to him

Gospel Acclamation 
Alleluia, alleluia!
Stay awake, praying at all times
for the strength to stand with confidence
before the Son of Man.
Alleluia! 21:36
 

Jesus said to his disciples:  
 ‘Watch yourselves, or your hearts will be coarsened with debauchery and drunkenness and the cares of life, and that day will be sprung on you suddenly, like a trap. For it will come down on every living man on the face of the earth. Stay awake, praying at all times for the strength to survive all that is going to happen, and to stand with confidence before the Son of Man.’

Keep watch over me Lord Jesus Christ my Master. Keep watch over me in my all my trials.
Keep watch over me in all my challenges. May I be awake, praying at all times for strength.
Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me.
My Guardian Angel guide me, protect me, be my guard and guide.

Today's Mystery the Joyful Mystery.  Tomorrow is first Sunday in Advent. God be praised.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY