THE LORD OUR INTEGRITY

1ST SUNDAY IN ADVENT YEAR C
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MAS
S
 
 Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Readings Lectures Reflection 

First Reading Jeremiah 33:14-16
I will make a virtuous Branch grow for David
See, the days are coming – it is the Lord who speaks – when I am going to fulfil the promise I made to the House of Israel and the House of Judah: ‘In those days and at that time, I will make a virtuous Branch grow for David, who shall practise honesty and integrity in the land. In those days Judah shall be saved and Israel shall dwell in confidence. And this is the name the city will be called: The-Lord-our-integrity.’
 
Responsorial Psalm
To you O Lord I lift up my soul

Second Reading 1 Thess. 3:12-4,2
May you be blameless when our Lord Jesus Christ comes again
May the Lord be generous in increasing your love and make you love one another and the whole human race as much as we love you. And may he so confirm your hearts in holiness that you may be blameless in the sight of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus Christ comes with all his saints.

Finally, brothers, we urge you and appeal to you in the Lord Jesus to make more and more progress in the kind of life that you are meant to live: the life that God wants, as you learnt from us, and as you are already living it. You have not forgotten the instructions we gave you on the authority of the Lord Jesus.
 
Gospel Luke 21:25-28, 34-36
That day will be sprung on you suddenly, like a trap
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars; on earth nations in agony, bewildered by the clamour of the ocean and its waves; men dying of fear as they await what menaces the world, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand.

‘Watch yourselves, or your hearts will be coarsened with debauchery and drunkenness and the cares of life, and that day will be sprung on you suddenly, like a trap. For it will come down on every living man on the face of the earth. Stay awake, praying at all times for the strength to survive all that is going to happen, and to stand with confidence before the Son of Man.’

My God, my Father, promise keeper, fulfil the promise you made to me. Remember your promise Father that you will make me  a virtuous Branch.  You will make me honest and I will have integrity. Father my God you promised to save me. Fulfil your promise to me Father.

Lord be generous in increasing my  love towards humanity. Let your love dwell in my heart, make me holy that I may be  blameless in your sight my God and Father. May I make progress in my spiritual life, keep watch over me God my Father. Help me stay awake and prayerful at all times for strength to survive the happenings around me, in our world. Father hear my prayer through your Son Jesus Christ my Lord.

Come Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus  Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me. 
Pray the Holy Rosary, today's Mystery is Glorious Mystery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY