SAINTS ANDREW DUNG-LAC AND HIS COMPANIONS

YOUR ENDURANCE WILL WIN YOU YOUR LIVES
WEDNESDAY 34TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME 
PRAYER BEFORE MASS
  
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

PRAYER AFTER MASS 
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys  Readings Lectures Reflection Saints Andrew Dung-Lac and Companions

First Reading Daniel 5:1-6,13-14,6-7,23-28
The writing on the wall
King Belshazzar gave a great banquet for his noblemen; a thousand of them attended, and he drank wine in company with this thousand. As he sipped his wine, Belshazzar gave orders for the gold and silver vessels to be brought which his father Nebuchadnezzar had looted from the sanctuary in Jerusalem, so that the king, his noblemen, his wives and his singing women could drink out of them. The gold and silver vessels looted from the sanctuary of the Temple of God in Jerusalem were brought in, and the king, his noblemen, his wives and his singing women drank out of them. They drank their wine and praised their gods of gold and silver, of bronze and iron, of wood and stone. Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared, and began to write on the plaster of the palace wall, directly behind the lamp-stand; and the king could see the hand as it wrote. The king turned pale with alarm: his thigh-joints went slack and his knees began to knock.....

Responsorial Psalm
Give glory and eternal praise to him!

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Even if you have to die, says the Lord,
keep faithful, and I will give you
the crown of life.
Alleluia! Rv. 2:10

Gospel Luke 21:12-19
Your endurance will win you your lives
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Men will seize you and persecute you; they will hand you over to the synagogues and to imprisonment, and bring you before kings and governors because of my name – and that will be your opportunity to bear witness. Keep this carefully in mind: you are not to prepare your defence, because I myself shall give you an eloquence and a wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to resist or contradict. You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relations and friends; and some of you will be put to death. You will be hated by all men on account of my name, but not a hair of your head will be lost. Your endurance will win you your lives.’

Give me courage in all my trials. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. May I endure every situation in life that is a challenge to my faith. Be with me Lord Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saints Andrew Dung-Lac and Companions pray for me. God's guardian angels pray for me. My guardian angel pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me.  Today's Mystery, Glorious Mystery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY