SAINT ANDREW THE APOSTLE

TUESDAY THE 1ST WEEK OF ADVENT YEAR C
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me.  Readings Lectures Reflection St. Andrew Apostle 
First Reading Romans 10:9-18
Faith comes from what is preached, and what is preached comes from the word of Christ 
If your lips confess that Jesus is Lord and if you believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, then you will be saved. By believing from the heart you are made righteous; by confessing with your lips you are saved. When scripture says: those who believe in him will have no cause for shame, it makes no distinction between Jew and Greek: all belong to the same Lord who is rich enough, however many ask his help, for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. 

But they will not ask his help unless they believe in him, and they will not believe in him unless they have heard of him, and they will not hear of him unless they get a preacher, and they will never have a preacher unless one is sent, but as scripture says: 
The footsteps of those who bring good news are a welcome sound.
 Not everyone, of course, listens to the Good News. As Isaiah says: Lord, how many believed what we proclaimed? So faith comes from what is preached, and what is preached comes from the word of Christ. Let me put the question: is it possible that they did not hear? Indeed they did; in the words of the psalm, their voice has gone out through all the earth, and their message to the ends of the world.

Responsorial Psalm
Their word goes forth through all the earth
Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Follow me, says the Lord,
and I will make you into fishers of men.
Alleluia!  Matthew 4:19

Gospel Matthew 4:18-22
I will make you fishers of men
As Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon, who was called Peter, and his brother Andrew; they were making a cast in the lake with their net, for they were fishermen. And he said to them, ‘Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.’ And they left their nets at once and followed him. Going on from there he saw another pair of brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John; they were in their boat with their father Zebedee, mending their nets, and he called them. At once, leaving the boat and their father, they followed him.

Lord Jesus Christ I confess with my lips that you are Lord and I truly believe in my heart that God raised you from the dead. Lord I believe in my heart  that I am  made righteous. I confess with my lips that I am  saved. For the scripture says: those who believe in him will have no cause for shame, for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. In this Season of Advent, Lord I welcome you into my heart. Abide with me Lord now and always. Come Lord Jesus, Maranatha

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Andrew pray for me. God's Holy Angels visit me, pray for me. My Guardian Angel, be near me, pray for me, protect me. Be my guide and guard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY