REVERENCE FOR GOD'S HOUSE

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
FRIDAY 33RD WEEK IN
 ORDINARY TIME YEAR B 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Readings Lectures Reflection 

First Reading 1 Maccabees 4:36-37, 52-59
Judas and his brothers purify the sanctuary and dedicate its
Judas and his brothers said, ‘Now that our enemies have been defeated, let us go up to purify the sanctuary and dedicate it.’ So they marshalled the whole army, and went up to Mount Zion.

On the twenty-fifth of the ninth month, Chislev, in the year one hundred and forty-eight, they rose at dawn and offered a lawful sacrifice on the new altar of holocausts which they had made. The altar was dedicated, to the sound of zithers, harps and cymbals, at the same time of year and on the same day on which the pagans had  time of year and on the same day on which the pagans had originally profaned it. The whole people fell prostrate in adoration, praising to the skies him who had made them so successful. For eight days they celebrated the dedication of the altar, joyfully offering holocausts, communion sacrifices and thanksgivings. They ornamented the front of the Temple with crowns and bosses of gold, repaired the gates and the storerooms and fitted them with doors. There was no end to the rejoicing among the people, and the reproach of the pagans was lifted from them. Judas, with his brothers and the whole assembly of Israel, made it a law that the days of the dedication of the altar should be celebrated yearly at the proper season, for eight days beginning on the twenty-fifth of the month Chislev, with rejoicing and gladness.

Responsorial Psalm
Praise your glorious name O Lord

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice,
says the Lord,
I know them and they follow me.
Alleluia! Jn 10:27

Gospel Luke 19:45-48

You have turned God's house into a robbers den 
Jesus went into the Temple and began driving out those who were selling. ‘According to scripture,’ he said ‘my house will be a house of prayer. But you have turned it into a robbers’ den.’ 

He taught in the Temple every day. The chief priests and the scribes, with the support of the leading citizens, tried to do away with him, but they did not see how they could carry this out because the people as a whole hung on his words.

My God, my Father I am sorry for times I did not respect your Sanctuary. Lord Jesus Christ forgive me for my indifference, for not acknowledging your presence in the Tabernacle. Your presence in the Holy Eucharist in the Blessed Sacrament in the Sanctuary.  Sometimes I make noise, sometimes I do not genuflect to give you reverence and adoration, Sometimes I am talking, making jokes. Lord I know you love laughter, there are occasions and places for jokes. My Lord, Saviour and Master I am truly sorry.

Father my God I adore you, I worship you with your Holy Angels and Saints. We give you praise, honor, adoration and worship through Jesus Christ our Lord. Blessed be Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Eucharist in the Tabernacle. Blessed be God both now and for ever. The year is gone beyond recall

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. My Saint Joseph pray for me, God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me. Today's mystery of the Holy Rosary is the Sorrowful Mystery.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY