PRESERVE US LORD FROM FORSAKEN THE LAW

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MAS
S
 
 Act of Love before Mass 
THURSDAY 33RD WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

First Reading 1 Maccabees 2:15-29
Heavens preserve us from forsaken the Law and its ordinances
The commissioners of King Antiochus who were enforcing the apostasy came to the town of Modein to make them sacrifice. Many Israelites gathered round them, but Mattathias and his sons drew apart. The king’s commissioners then addressed Mattathias as follows, ‘You are a respected leader, a great man in this town; you have sons and brothers to support you. Be the first to step forward and conform to the king’s decree, as all the nations have done, and the leaders of Judah and the survivors in Jerusalem; you and your sons shall be reckoned among the Friends of the King, you and your sons shall be honoured with gold and silver and many presents.’ Raising his voice, Mattathias retorted, ‘Even if every nation living in the king’s dominions obeys him, each forsaking its ancestral religion to conform to his decrees, I, my sons and my brothers will still follow the covenant of our ancestors. Heaven preserve us from forsaking the Law and its observances. As for the king’s orders, we will not follow them: we will not swerve from our own religion either to right or to left.’ As he finished speaking, a Jew came forward in the sight of all to offer sacrifice on the altar in Modein as the royal edict required. When Mattathias saw this, he was fired with zeal; stirred to the depth of his being, he gave vent to his legitimate anger, threw himself on the man and slaughtered him on the altar. At the same time he killed the king’s commissioner who was there to enforce the sacrifice, and tore down the altar....

Responsorial Psalm
I will show God's salvation to the upright

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Harden not your hearts today,
but listen to the voice of the Lord.
Alleluia! Ps94:8

Gospel Luke 19:41-44
Jesus Sheds tears over the coming faith of Jerusalem
As Jesus drew near Jerusalem and came in sight of the city he shed tears over it and said, ‘If you in your turn had only understood on this day the message of peace! But, alas, it is hidden from your eyes! Yes, a time is coming when your enemies will raise fortifications all round you, when they will encircle you and hem you in on every side; they will dash you and the children inside your walls to the ground; they will leave not one stone standing on another within you – and all because you did not recognise your opportunity when God offered it!’

My loving Saviour, my Lord and Master you wept over the faith of Jerusalem for you knew what evil will befall the city and inhabitants.  Humanity's thirst for war, and destruction of lives and properties we encounter till date. Evil and doom still persist in our present our world today. Each moment, each day God offers us opportunities for a change of heart, for conversion. How often have we ignored His loving plan in our lives.  

Till this moment Lord you weep over our world and our evil deeds and actions. May your sacrifice Lord Jesus Christ to save us not be in vain. Loving Father, our God do not forsake us, turn our hearts to you. Deliver us from every form of evils. Father preserve us from forsaken your Law, and save us from present and future damnation. 

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you.  Virgin Mary pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. God's guardian angels pray for us. My angel guardian pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me.  Remember to pray your Holy Rosary: Todays' Mystery, The Mystery of Light. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY