OUR LIBERATION IS NEAR AT HAND

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MAS
S
 
 Act of Love before Mass 
34TH THURSDAY IN ORDINARY TIME O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. 
First Reading Daniel 6:12-28
Daniel in the lions' den
The presidents and satraps came along in a body and found Daniel praying and pleading with God. They then came to the king and said, ‘Have you not just signed an edict forbidding any man for the next thirty days to pray to anyone, god or man, other than to yourself O king, on pain of being thrown into the lions’ den?’ ‘The decision stands,’ the king replied ‘as befits the law of the Medes and the Persians, which cannot be revoked.’ Then they said to the king, ‘O king, this man Daniel, one of the exiles from Judah, disregards both you and the edict which you have signed: he is at his prayers three times each day.’ When the king heard these words he was deeply distressed, and determined to save Daniel; he racked his brains until sunset to find some way out. But the men came back in a body to the king and said, ‘O king, remember that in conformity with the law of the Medes and the Persians, no edict or decree can be altered when once issued by the king.’......

Responsorial Psalm
Give glory and eternal praise to him

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Stand erect, hold your heads high,
because your liberation is near at hand.
Alleluia! Lk 21:28

Gospel Luke 21:20-28
There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars
Jesus said to his disciples, ‘When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, you must realise that she will soon be laid desolate. Then those in Judaea must escape to the mountains, those inside the city must leave it, and those in country districts must not take refuge in it. For this is the time of vengeance when all that scripture says must be fulfilled. Alas for those with child, or with babies at the breast, when those days come!

‘For great misery will descend on the land and wrath on this people. They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive to every pagan country; and Jerusalem will be trampled down by the pagans until the age of the pagans is completely over. 

‘There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars; on earth nations in agony, bewildered by the clamour of the ocean and its waves; men dying of fear as they await what menaces the world, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand.’

God my Father I thank you for my being. Thank you Father for your protection over me.  Loving Father deliver me from the plots of the evil ones. Father remove every seal upon my life that the enemy has placed over me to terminate my life. Remove every seal that threatens my spiritual, physical, and material well being. I come to you loving Father for protection.

Our present world is experiencing our Lord Jesus Christ's prediction while on earth, Father the beauty of it all is that our assurance and trust is in our Lord's promise that every signs are points to our liberation while we hold on to our faith as your children God our Father. Those who put their trust in you loving Father can never be disappointed.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Catherine of Alexandria pray for me. God's Guardian Angels pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me, protect me. Guide and guard me.  The Holy Rosary Mystery: The Mystery of Light 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY