I AM UNWORTHY LORD

MONDAY THE 1ST WEEK OF ADVENT YEAR C
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me
 Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

First Reading Isaiah 2:1-5

The Lord gathers all nations together 
into the eternal peace of God's kingdom
The vision of Isaiah son of Amoz, concerning Judah and Jerusalem. In the days to come the mountain of the Temple of the Lord shall tower above the mountains and be lifted higher than the hills. All the nations will stream to it, peoples without number will come to it; and they will say:

‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,  to the Temple of the God of Jacob   that he may teach us his ways   so that we may walk in his paths;   since the Law will go out from Zion,  and the oracle of the Lord from Jerusalem.’
 
He will wield authority over the nations and adjudicate between many peoples; these will hammer their swords into ploughshares, their spears into sickles. Nation will not lift sword against nation, there will be no more training for war.
 
O House of Jacob, come, let us walk in the light of the Lord.
 
Responsorial Psalm
I rejoiced when I heard them say: ‘Let us go to God’s house
 
Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
God of hosts, bring us back:
let your face shine on us and we shall be saved.
Alleluia! Ps. 79:4

Gospel  Matthew 5:8-11

'I am not worthy to have you under my roof: give the word, and my servant will be healed'
When Jesus went into Capernaum a centurion came up and pleaded with him. ‘Sir,’ he said ‘my servant is lying at home paralysed, and in great pain.’ ‘I will come myself and cure him’ said Jesus. The centurion replied, ‘Sir, I am not worthy to have you under my roof; just give the word and my servant will be cured. For I am under authority myself, and have soldiers under me; and I say to one man: Go, and he goes; to another: Come here, and he comes; to my servant: Do this, and he does it.’ When Jesus heard this he was astonished and said to those following him, ‘I tell you solemnly, nowhere in Israel have I found faith like this. And I tell you that many will come from east and west to take their places with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob at the feast in the kingdom of heaven.’

Truly Lord Jesus Christ we unworthy to receive you in the Holy Eucharist, your love and mercy over us bring us closer to you in our unworthiness. Thank Lord for your mercy, for your compassion, for your love and for your faithfulness. You are ever near to us, reaching out to us to comfort us, to assure us of your mercy, to assure us of you compassion, to assure us of you love.  You see beyond who we are because you want to save us. You are our Shepherd though we wander and may loose our ways, you are ever in search for us Jesus Christ our Saviour.

I rejoiced when I heard them say: ‘Let us go to God’s house. Yes Father for it is the Lord's Temple, God's dwelling place. Lord Jesus Christ Light of the world, you dwell in the Most Holy Eucharist in the Tabernacle in God's house. You are the light that brings all nations to God's house so that they may be one united family.  Lord Jesus Christ bring us to God our heavenly Father. Come Lord Jesus.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary bring us to your Son, pray for us. Saint Joseph guardian of the infant Christ, pray for us. God's Angels heralds of good news, pray for us. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me, guide and guard me.
Holy Rosary Mystery. Joyful Mystery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY