FEAST OF CHRIST THE KING

CHRIST THE KING OF THE UNIVERSE
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than tobe inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Readings Lectures Reflection Christ the King

First Reading Daniel 7:13-14
I saw, coming on the clouds of heaven, one like a son of man
I gazed into the visions of the night.
And I saw, coming on the clouds of heaven,
one like a son of man.
He came to the one of great age
and was led into his presence.
On him was conferred sovereignty,
glory and kingship,
and men of all peoples, nations and 
languages became his servants.
His sovereignty is an eternal sovereignty
which shall never pass away,
nor will his empire ever be destroyed.

Responsorial Psalm
The Lord is King, with majesty enrobed

Second Reading Apocalypse 1:5-8
Jesus Christ has made us a line of  kings and priests
Grace and peace to you from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the First-Born from the dead, the Ruler of the kings of the earth. He loves us and has washed away our sins with his blood, and made us a line of kings, priests to serve his God and Father; to him, then, be glory and power for ever and ever. Amen. It is he who is coming on the clouds; everyone will see him, even those who pierced him, and all the races of the earth will mourn over him. This is the truth. Amen. ‘I am the Alpha and the Omega’ says the Lord God, who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Blessings on him who comes in the name of the Lord!
Blessings on the coming kingdom of our father David!
Alleluia! Mk11:10

Gospel John 18:33-37
Yes, I am a King
‘Are you the king of the Jews?’ Pilate asked. Jesus replied, ‘Do you ask this of your own accord, or have others spoken to you about me?’ Pilate answered, ‘Am I a Jew? It is your own people and the chief priests who have handed you over to me: what have you done?’ Jesus replied, ‘Mine is not a kingdom of this world; if my kingdom were of this world, my men would have fought to prevent my being surrendered to the Jews. But my kingdom is not of this kind.’ ‘So you are a king then?’ said Pilate. ‘It is you who say it’ answered Jesus. ‘Yes, I am a king. I was born for this, I came into the world for this: to bear witness to the truth; and all who are on the side of truth listen to my voice.’

Heavenly Father, your reign is everlasting. You are ancient of days. You are for ever God. None can be compared to you. You alone Father be all glory, honor, worship adoration and thanksgiving.  Father your Son Jesus Christ our Lord was obedient to you unto death, you gave him power, and

made him king of the whole world. He conquered death. He brought us back to you and freed us from slavery and bondage, 
What would our world have been if  you did not send your Son into the world Father?  Thank you for loving us; for Christ came, suffered and died for us. He destroyed death and raise us to life. He is the first born. He is the light of the world. He is the way and the truth.  Father for his obedience, you conferred sovereignty, glory and kingship upon him. He is our Lord and King. You God our Father in heaven are the Alpha and Omega, God Almighty.

Lord Jesus Christ King of Universe, I trust in you. Virgin Mary our Mother and Queen pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. God's guardian angels pray for us. My guardian angel, pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me.  The Glorious Mystery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY