YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN HUNDREDS OF SPARROWS

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS
 
Act of Love beforeMass
FRIDAY 18TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME

O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit 
Mass readings Textes Liturgiques Reflections Saint Teresa of Avila 

First Reading Romans 4:1-8
Abraham was justified not by his actions, but by faith
What shall we say about Abraham, the ancestor from whom we are all descended? If Abraham was justified as a reward for doing something, he would really have had something to boast about, though not in God’s sight because scripture says: Abraham put his faith in God, and this faith was considered as justifying him. If a man has work to show, his wages are not considered as a favour but as his due; but when a man has nothing to show except faith in the one who justifies sinners, then his faith is considered as justifying him. And David says the same: a man is happy if God considers him righteous, irrespective of good deeds:
Happy those whose crimes are forgiven,
whose sins are blotted out;
happy the man whom the Lord considers sinless

Responsorial Psalm
You are my refuge O God, you fill me with the joy of salvation

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
May your love be upon us, O Lord,
as we place all our hope in you.
Alleluia! Ps 32:22

Gospel Luke 12:1-7
Not one sparrow is forgotten in God's sight
The people had gathered in their thousands so that they were treading on one another. And Jesus began to speak, first of all to his disciples. ‘Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees – that is, their hypocrisy. Everything that is now covered will be uncovered, and everything now hidden will be made clear. For this reason, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in hidden places will be proclaimed on the housetops. 

‘To you my friends I say: Do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. I will tell you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has the power to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Can you not buy five sparrows for two pennies? And yet not one is forgotten in God’s sight. Why, every hair on your head has been counted. There is no need to be afraid: you are worth more than hundreds of sparrows.’

My father in heaven happy indeed are  those whose crimes are forgiven, whose sins are blotted out. Happy the man whom the Lord considers sinless. May your love be upon us O Lord as we place all our hope in you for we are sinners. 

It is through faith we are called your sons and daughters.  Loving Father you are our refuge, you fill us with joy of salvation. God our Father you are full of compassion and love for you consider us worth more than hundreds of sparrows; for none of us is forgotten in your sight. Thank you Father, for with you on our side we are not afraid. Protect and guide us Lord. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Teresa of Avila pray for me. God's guardian angels protect and guard me. My guardian angel pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me.

Remember to pray your Rosary.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY