WE ARE JUSTIFIED THROUGH THE FREE GIFT OF GRACE

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
THURSDAY 28TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. 

First Reading Romans 3:21-30
It is the same justice of God that comes to Jew and pagans alike
God’s justice that was made known through the Law and the Prophets has now been revealed outside the Law, since it is the same justice of God that comes through faith to everyone, Jew and pagan alike, who believes in Jesus Christ. Both Jew and pagan sinned and forfeited God’s glory, and both are justified through the free gift of his grace by being redeemed in Christ Jesus who was appointed by God to sacrifice his life so as to win reconciliation through faith. In this way God makes his justice known; first, for the past, when sins went unpunished because he held his hand, then, for the present age, by showing positively that he is just, and that he justifies everyone who believes in Jesus. 

So what becomes of our boasts? There is no room for them. What sort of law excludes them? The sort of law that tells us what to do? On the contrary, it is the law of faith, since, as we see it, a man is justified by faith and not by doing something the Law tells him to do. Is God the God of Jews alone and not of the pagans too? Of the pagans too, most certainly, since there is only one God.

Responsorial Psalm
With the Lord there is mercy and fullness of redemption Psalm 129

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, says the Lord;
No one can come to the Father except through me.
Alleluia! Jn.14:6

Gospel Luke 11:47-54
You have not gone in yourselves and have prevented others who wanted to
Jesus said: ‘Alas for you who build the tombs of the prophets, the men your ancestors killed! In this way you both witness what your ancestors did and approve it; they did the killing, you do the building. 

‘And that is why the Wisdom of God said, “I will send them prophets and apostles; some they will slaughter and persecute, so that this generation will have to answer for every prophet’s blood that has been shed since the foundation of the world, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was murdered between the altar and the sanctuary.” Yes, I tell you, this generation will have to answer for it all. 

Alas for you lawyers who have taken away the key of knowledge! You have not gone in yourselves, and have prevented others going in who wanted to.’ 

When he left the house, the scribes and the Pharisees began a furious attack on him and tried to force answers from him on innumerable questions, setting traps to catch him out in something he might say.

My God, my Father in heaven, God of mercy it is comforting to know that your justice made known through the Law and the Prophets has now been revealed outside the Law. Father it is the same justice  that came through faith to all your creatures who believes in Jesus Christ your Son.

Loving Father it is comforting to know that your creatures are justified through the free gift of  your grace by being redeemed in Christ Jesus who was appointed by you Father to sacrifice his life to  reconcile the world through faith for all have sinned. 

You have made your justice known loving Father, for you do not punish us according to our sins, but you are full of mercy and compassion , and so Father you justify everyone who believes in Jesus. Help us realize Father the need to be mindful of your grace. 

May I never be a stumbling block, an obstacle to my fellow creatures in need of your grace and mercy. May I never be an obstacle to their salvation, I ask of you my God through Jesus Christ my Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Callistus pray for me. God's guardian angels pray for me and protect me. My guardian angel pray for me, guide me, guard and protect me.

Pray your Rosary


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY