THE WAGE OF SIN IS DEATH

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
THURSDAY 29TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Readings Textes Reflection
First Reading Romans 6:19-23
now you are set free from sin, slave to God
If I may use human terms to help your natural weakness: as once you put your bodies at the service of vice and immorality, so now you must put them at the service of righteousness for your sanctification. 

When you were slaves of sin, you felt no obligation to righteousness, and what did you get from this? Nothing but experiences that now make you blush, since that sort of behaviour ends in death. Now, however, you have been set free from sin, you have been made slaves of God, and you get a reward leading to your sanctification and ending in eternal life. For the wage paid by sin is death; the present given by God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Responsorial Psalm
Happy the man who has placed his trust in the Lord.

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
I have accepted the loss of everything
and I look on everything as so much rubbish
if only I can have Christ
and be given a place in him.
Alleluia! Ph 3:8-9

Gospel Luke 12:49-53
How I wish it was blazing already
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I have come to bring fire to the earth, and how I wish it were blazing already! There is a baptism I must still receive, and how great is my distress till it is over! 

‘Do you suppose that I am here to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. For from now on a household of five will be divided: three against two and two against three; the father divided against the son, son against father, mother against daughter, daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law, daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.’

Righteous Father it is true when I was a slave of sin, I  felt no obligation to righteousness. Father  thank you for your saving power for I know that sort of behaviour leads to death. Thank you for I have been set free from sin. I am slave to you and your Son Jesus Christ. Father thank you for my sanctification that will bring me to eternal life. For the wage of sin is death. Lead me to eternal life through Jesus Christ Jesus my Lord. Lord Jesus Christ be the Lord of my life.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's guardian angels guide and protect me, My guardian angel pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me

Please pray the Rosary for victory over every challenge. Remain blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY