THE DESCENDANTS FROM THE PATRIACHS

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
FRIDAY 30TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. 
Mass Readings Lectures de la Messe  Reflection
First Reading Romans 9:1-5
.I would willingly be condemned if it could help my brother
What I want to say now is no pretence; I say it in union with Christ – it is the truth – my conscience in union with the Holy Spirit assures me of it too. What I want to say is this: my sorrow is so great, my mental anguish so endless, I would willingly be condemned and be cut off from Christ if it could help my brothers of Israel, my own flesh and blood. They were adopted as sons, they were given the glory and the covenants; the Law and the ritual were drawn up for them, and the promises were made to them. They are descended from the patriarchs and from their flesh and blood came Christ who is above all, God for ever blessed! Amen.

Responsorial Psalm
O Praise the Lord Jerusalem

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice,
says the Lord,
I know them and they follow me.
Alleluia! 10:27

Gospel Luke 14:1-6
Is against the law to cure a man on the Sabbath?
Now on a sabbath day Jesus had gone for a meal to the house of one of the leading Pharisees; and they watched him closely. There in front of him was a man with dropsy, and Jesus addressed the lawyers and Pharisees. ‘Is it against the law’ he asked ‘to cure a man on the sabbath, or not?’ But they remained silent, so he took the man and cured him and sent him away. Then he said to them, ‘Which of you here, if his son falls into a well, or his ox, will not pull him out on a sabbath day without hesitation?’ And to this they could find no answer.

Father in heaven my God, open my eyes to the needs of my fellow creatures. Father give me a compassionate heart. Give a heart that is open to the yearnings of my fellow creatures. Father give a  pure heart free from evil, and negativity. Give a heart like that of my Saviour and Master Jesus Christ. Lord with a good heart, I will look out for the wellbeing and goodness of all your creatures. The heart that is pure will free our world from darkness and evil. Lord make our hearts pure.  
Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's guardian angels pray for me. My guardian angel pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me.
Please pray the Holy Rosary. Today's Mystery is Joyful Mystery. Our Lady of Sor rows pray for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY