LORD TEACH ME YOUR STATUS

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
FRIDAY 29TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.  Readings Textes Reflection 

First Reading Romans 7:18-25

I want to do good it is something evil that comes to hand
I know of nothing good living in me – living, that is, in my unspiritual self – for though the will to do what is good is in me, the performance is not, with the result that instead of doing the good things I want to do, I carry out the sinful things I do not want. When I act against my will, then, it is not my true self doing it, but sin which lives in me. 

In fact, this seems to be the rule, that every single time I want to do good it is something evil that comes to hand. In my inmost self I dearly love God’s Law, but I can see that my body follows a different law that battles against the law which my reason dictates. This is what makes me a prisoner of that law of sin which lives inside my body. 

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body doomed to death?  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Responsorial Psalm
Lord teach me your status

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Blessed are you, Father,
Lord of heaven and earth,
for revealing the mysteries of the kingdom
to mere children.
Alleluia! Mt.11:25

Gospel Luke 12:54-59

Do you not know how to interpret these times
Jesus said to the crowds: ‘When you see a cloud looming up in the west you say at once that rain is coming, and so it does. And when the wind is from the south you say it will be hot, and it is. Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the face of the earth and the sky. How is it you do not know how to interpret these times? 

‘Why not judge for yourselves what is right? For example: when you go to court with your opponent, try to settle with him on the way, or he may drag you before the judge and the judge hand you over to the bailiff and the bailiff have you thrown into prison. I tell you, you will not get out till you have paid the very last penny.’

Loving Father I know of nothing good living in me. In my unspiritual self the will to do what is
good is in me, instead of doing the good things I act against my will.  I want to do good but I am not capable of  it.  My body follows a different law that battles against the law which my reason dictates. Father this  makes me a prisoner of that law of sin which lives inside my body.  

Loving Father, thanks be to you that through your Son Jesus Christ my Lord I am rescued from eternal death and condemnation.  Help me Father  in my belief that I have the  knowledge of interpreting times, seasons,  things around me, and in our world, may your Holy Spirit  guide me, revealed that the mysteries of your kingdom to me.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint John Paul II pray for me. God's guardian angels protect and guide me. My guardian angel pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me.

Please pray your Rosary. Our  Mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary will intercede on your behalf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY