IF YOU GOD SHOULD MARK OUR GUILT WHO WOULD SURVIVE

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
TUESDAY 27TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. 
Readings  Lectures Reflection   Saint Faustina 
First Reading Jonah 3:1-10
The Ninevites repent and God spares them
The word of the Lord was addressed to Jonah: ‘Up!’ he said ‘Go to Nineveh, the great city, and preach to them as I told you to.’ Jonah set out and went to Nineveh in obedience to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was a city great beyond compare: it took three days to cross it. Jonah went on into the city, making a day’s journey. He preached in these words, ‘Only forty days more and Nineveh is going to be destroyed.’ And the people of Nineveh believed in God; they proclaimed a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least. The news reached the king of Nineveh, who rose from his throne, took off his robe, put on sackcloth and sat down in ashes. A proclamation was then promulgated throughout Nineveh, by decree of the king and his ministers, as follows: ‘Men and beasts, herds and flocks, are to taste nothing; they must not eat, they must not drink water. All are to put on sackcloth and call on God with all their might; and let everyone renounce his evil behaviour and the wicked things he has done. Who knows if God will not change his mind and relent, if he will not renounce his burning wrath, so that we do not perish?’ God saw their efforts to renounce their evil behaviour, and God relented: he did not inflict on them the disaster which he had threatened.

Responsorial Psalm

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Happy are those
who hear the word of God
and keep it.
Alleluia! Lk.11:28

Gospel Luke 10:38-40
Martha works, Mary listens
Jesus came to a village, and a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. She had a sister called Mary, who sat down at the Lord’s feet and listened to him speaking. Now Martha who was distracted with all the serving said, ‘Lord, do you not care that my sister is leaving me to do the serving all by myself? Please tell her to help me.’ But the Lord answered: ‘Martha, Martha,’ he said ‘you worry and fret about so many things, and yet few are needed, indeed only one. It is Mary who has chosen the better part; it is not to be taken from her.’
Merciful Father our God, your are full of compassion and love. You see every efforts we make in serving you, especially if they are genuine, you are ever pleased whenever we make efforts to serve and obey you. Father in heaven thank you for your mercy and love. We are only human, we cry out to you from the depths of our hearts. Father be merciful to us.
Father grant us peace in our service to you and our fellow creatures, may we never count the cost or be distracted. Give us the spirit of service. May it be to your greater glory through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. Saint Faustina pray for us.  Our guardian angels pray for us, defend and protect us.  Remember to pray your Rosary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY