HE WHO IS NOT WITH ME IS AGAINST ME

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
FRIDAY 27TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.  
Mass Readings Textes de la messe Reflection
First Reading Joel 1:13-15,2:1-2

Let all tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming Priests, put on sackcloth and lament. 
Ministers of the altar, wail. Come, pass the night in sackcloth, you ministers of my God. For the house of our God has been deprived of oblation and libation.
 
Order a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly; elders, call together all the inhabitants of the country to the house of the Lord your God. Cry out to the Lord, ‘Oh, what a day! For the day of the Lord is near, it comes as a devastation from Shaddai. ’Sound the trumpet in Zion, give the alarm on my holy mountain!
 
Let all the inhabitants of the country tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming, yes, it is near. Day of darkness and gloom, day of cloud and blackness. Like the dawn there spreads across the mountains a vast and mighty host, such as has never been before, such as will never be again to the remotest ages.
 
Responsorial Psalm
The Lord will judge the world with justice
 
Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Now the prince of this world is to be overthrown,
says the Lord.
And when I am lifted up from the earth,
I shall draw all men to myself.
Alleluia! Jn.12:31-32

Gospel  Luke 11:15-26

The finger of God has overtaken you
When Jesus had cast out a devil, some of the people said, ‘It is through Beelzebul, the prince of devils, that he casts out devils.’ Others asked him, as a test, for a sign from heaven; but, knowing what they were thinking, he said to them, ‘Every kingdom divided against itself is heading for ruin, and a household divided against itself collapses. So too with Satan: if he is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? – since you assert that it is through Beelzebul that I cast out devils. Now if it is through Beelzebul that I cast out devils, through whom do your own experts cast them out? Let them be your judges then. But if it is through the finger of God that I cast out devils, then know that the kingdom of God has overtaken you. So long as a strong man fully armed guards his own palace, his goods are undisturbed; but when someone stronger than he is attacks and defeats him, the stronger man takes away all the weapons he relied on and shares out his spoil.
 
‘He who is not with me is against me; and he who does not gather with me scatters.
‘When an unclean spirit goes out of a man it wanders through waterless country looking for a place to rest, and not finding one it says, “I will go back to the home I came from.” But on arrival, finding it swept and tidied, it then goes off and brings seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and set up house there, so that the man ends up by being worse than he was before.’

Father in heaven my God, let me not be indifferent to your words. There is so much confusion in our world  today.  True Father there are so many doctrines about religion, true prophets and false prophets. There are those fighting your true prophets because they preach morals and values that are contrary to our present world.  Nothing has changed from the time of your Son Jesus Christ to our present world. 

Father, may your Holy Spirit guide us. May we have a spirit of discernment. Father may we never be part of those that will mock those whom you sent to bring the good news of the kingdom to us. Father help us appreciate those who are spiritually unique, deliver us from every spirit of envy and jealousy, may we welcome them, appreciate their uniqueness, that their gifts may be useful to us and our world. This we ask of you loving Father through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let us work for God's kingdom, and follow Jesus Christ our Lord and Master. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for us, Saint Joseph pray for us. God's guardian angels protect and guide us. Our guardian angels pray for us, protect, guide and defend us. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY