GOD WILL REPAY EACH ONE ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
WEDNESDAY 28TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. 
Readings Textes Reflection
First Reading Romans 2:1-11
Do you think you will escape God's judgment? 
No matter who you are, if you pass judgement you have no excuse. In judging others you condemn yourself, since you behave no differently from those you judge. We know that God condemns that sort of behaviour impartially: and when you judge those who behave like this while you are doing exactly the same, do you think you will escape God’s judgement? Or are you abusing his abundant goodness, patience and toleration, not realising that this goodness of God is meant to lead you to repentance? Your stubborn refusal to repent is only adding to the anger God will have towards you on that day of anger when his just judgements will be made known. He will repay each one as his works deserve. For those who sought renown and honour and immortality by always doing good there will be eternal life; for the unsubmissive who refused to take truth for their guide and took depravity instead, there will be anger and fury. Pain and suffering will come to every human being who employs himself in evil – Jews first, but Greeks as well; renown, honour and peace will come to everyone who does good – Jews first, but Greeks as well. God has no favourites.

Responsorial Psalm
Lord you repay each man according to his deeds

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice,
says the Lord,
I know them and they follow me.
Alleluia! Jn 10:27

Gospel Luke 11:42-46
You overlook justice and the love of God
The Lord said to the Pharisees: ‘Alas for you Pharisees! You who pay your tithe of mint and rue and all sorts of garden herbs and overlook justice and the love of God! These you should have practised, without leaving the others undone. Alas for you Pharisees who like taking the seats of honour in the synagogues and being greeted obsequiously in the market squares! Alas for you, because you are like the unmarked tombs that men walk on without knowing it! 

A lawyer then spoke up. ‘Master,’ he said ‘when you speak like this you insult us too.’ 
Alas for you lawyers also,’ he replied ‘because you load on men burdens that are unendurable, burdens that you yourselves do not move a finger to lift.’

Father my God who am I to pass judgment? Father I am not worthy to judge, I have no excuse. Father forgive me for the times I have passed judgments on my fellow creatures, and ignorant that in judging others that I am condemned since my behavior is not different from those I judge. 

My Father forgive my hypocrisy for when I judge those who behave like this while I am doing exactly the same, I will not escape your judgment. Forgive me for abusing your abundant goodness, patience and tolerance, for ignoring that your goodness is meant to lead me to repentance. Do not be angry Father, give me a repentant heart.

Deliver me Father, for our Lord Jesus Christ passed his judgment on every ill actions. He sees everything we do. Alas he said. He is not pleased with negative behaviors. Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's guardian angels pray for me. My guardian angel pray for me, protect and guide me.

Pray your Rosary.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY