FEAST OF SAINT LUKE APOSTLE

PRAYER BEFORE MASS  29TH MONDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys   Readings Lectures  Reflection  Saint Luke 

First Reading 2Timothy 4:10-17
Only Luke is with me
Demas has deserted me for love of this life and gone to Thessalonika, Crescens has gone to Galatia and Titus to Dalmatia; only Luke is with me. Get Mark to come and bring him with you; I find him a useful helper in my work. I have sent Tychicus to Ephesus. When you come, bring the cloak I left with Carpus in Troas, and the scrolls, especially the parchment ones. Alexander the coppersmith has done me a lot of harm; the Lord will repay him for what he has done. Be on your guard against him yourself, because he has been bitterly contesting everything that we say.

The first time I had to present my defence, there was not a single witness to support me. Every one of them deserted me – may they not be held accountable for it. But the Lord stood by me and gave me power, so that through me the whole message might be proclaimed for all the pagans to hear; and so I was rescued from the lion’s mouth.

Responsorial Psalm
Your friends, O Lord, make known the glorious splendour
 of your reign

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
I chose you from the world
to go out and bear fruit,
fruit that will last,
says the Lord.
Alleluia! cf.Jn 15:16

Gospel  Luke 10:1-9
Your peace will rest on that man
The Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them out ahead of him, in pairs, to all the towns and places he himself was to visit. He said to them, ‘The harvest is rich but the labourers are few, so ask the Lord of the harvest to send labourers to his harvest. Start off now, but remember, I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. Carry no purse, no haversack, no sandals. Salute no one on the road. Whatever house you go into, let your first words be, “Peace to this house!” And if a man of peace lives there, your peace will go and rest on him; if not, it will come back to you. Stay in the same house, taking what food and drink they have to offer, for the labourer deserves his wages; do not move from house to house. Whenever you go into a town where they make you welcome, eat what is set before you. Cure those in it who are sick, and say, “The kingdom of God is very near to you.”’

Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your Son our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to redeem us and free us from bondage.

Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Master we are your disciples. We do not have to be Priests or Religious to preach peace to all your creatures. To preach the gospel of peace to our fellow creatures. We are your disciples to bring hope to humanity, to bring love to humanity. We are your creatures to heal our world, to bring light to our world engulfed in darkness. We are your disciples to give and save lives of our brothers and sisters all over the world. Lord we are your disciples to bring courage to those who lack courage. We are your disciples to bring all men, women, children to your kingdom.  We are your children to protect our world and our environment. Lord Jesus Christ our Lord, our Peace, our comforter, our Saviour and our Redeemer be with us Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Luke pray for me. God's guardian angels pray for me and protect me. My guardian angel pray for me  protect, guide and guard me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY