BLESSED IS THE WOMB THAT BORE YOU

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
SATURDAY 27TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.  First Reading Textes du jour Reflection
First Reading Joel 3:12-21
The day of the Lord is near; sun and moon grow dark
 
The Lord says this:
‘Let the nations rouse themselves, let them march to the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for I am going to sit in judgement there on all the nations round. Put the sickle in: the harvest is ripe; come and tread: the winepress is full, the vats are overflowing, so great is their wickedness!’ 

Host on host in the Valley of Decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the Valley of Decision! 

Sun and moon grow dark, the stars lose their brilliance. The Lord roars from Zion, makes his voice heard from Jerusalem; heaven and earth tremble.

But the Lord will be a shelter for his people, a stronghold for the sons of Israel. 

‘You will learn then that I am the Lord your God, dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain. Jerusalem will be a holy place, no alien will ever pass through it again.’

When that day comes, the mountains will run with new wine and the hills flow with milk, 
and all the river beds of Judah will run with water. A fountain will spring from the house of the Lord to water the wadi of Acacias. Egypt will become a desolation, Edom a desert waste on account of the violence done to the sons of Judah whose innocent blood they shed in their country.  But Judah will be inhabited for ever, Jerusalem from age to age. ‘I will avenge their blood and let none go unpunished’, and the Lord shall make his home in Zion.

Responsorial Psalm
Rejoice you just in the Lord

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Happy are those
who hear the word of God
and keep it.
Alleluia!

Gospel Luke 11:27-28
Happy the womb that bore you and 
the breasts you sucked

As Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, ‘Happy the womb that bore you and the breasts you sucked!’ But he replied, ‘Still happier those who hear the word of God and keep it!’

Thank you heavenly Father for your faithfulness and love. We proclaim your wonder, your kindness and your mercy.  Father we adore you.  Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for making us a member of your family.  Open our ears and our hearts to hear and ponder on God's words. May God's spirit guide us, dwell in our hearts, teach us, give us understanding that hearing the word of God, we will keep it.

Lord that in keeping God's word, we will treat one another with justice and fairness. That we will have respect for one another. That God's kingdom may dwell in us.  Father this we ask you through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. God's guardian angels pray and protect us. Our guardian angels pray for us, guide and guard us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY