WE STAND FIRM ON THE SOLID BASE OF FAITH

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS Act of Love beforeMass Saturday 22nd Week in Ord. Time
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseperably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.
 The Readings Lectures du jour Reflection
First Reading Colossians 1:21-23
God has reconciled you by Christ death in his mortal body
Not long ago, you were foreigners and enemies, in the way that you used to think and the evil things that you did; but now he has reconciled you, by his death and in that mortal body. Now you are able to appear before him holy, pure and blameless – as long as you persevere and stand firm on the solid base of the faith, never letting yourselves drift away from the hope promised by the Good News, which you have heard, which has been preached to the whole human race, and of which I, Paul, have become the servant.

Responsorial Psalm
I have God for my help

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, says the Lord;
No one can come to the Father except through me.
Alleluia! Jn. 14:6

Gospel Luke 6:1-5
The Son of Man is the master of the sabbath
One sabbath Jesus happened to be taking a walk through the cornfields, and his disciples were picking ears of corn, rubbing them in their hands and eating them. Some of the Pharisees said, ‘Why are you doing something that is forbidden on the sabbath day?’ Jesus answered them, ‘So you have not read what David did when he and his followers were hungry how he went into the house of God, took the loaves of offering and ate them and gave them to his followers, loaves which only the priests are allowed to eat?’ And he said to them, ‘The Son of Man is master of the sabbath.’

Heavenly Father thank you for you have reconciled us by the death  of your Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Father it is comforting to know that we can appear before you holy, pure and blameless  as long as we persevere and stand firm on the solid base of the faith, never letting ourselves drift away from the hope promised by the Good News we have heard, andh has been preached to the whole human race. Loving Father thank you for your grace and mercy. Lord Jesus Christ you are the divine Law, direct our hearts to keep God's Law and deliver us from hypocrisy. 

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. God's guardian angels protect and guide us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY