SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL, PRIEST

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS Act of Love beforeMass
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.  
Mass Readings Lectures Reflection St. Vincent de Paul 
First reading Zechariah 8:1-8
The Lord will return to Zion
The word of the Lord of Hosts was addressed to me as follows:
‘The Lord of Hosts says this. I am burning with jealousy for Zion, with great anger for her sake. ‘The Lord of Hosts says this. I am coming back to Zion and shall dwell in the middle of Jerusalem. Jerusalem will be called Faithful City and the mountain of the Lord of Hosts, the Holy Mountain.  ‘The Lord of Hosts says this. Old men and old women will again sit down in the squares of Jerusalem; every one of them staff in hand because of their great age. And the squares of the city will be full of boys and girls playing in the squares.
 ‘The Lord of Hosts says this. If this seems a miracle to the remnant of this people (in those days), will it seem one to me? It is the Lord of Hosts who speaks. ‘The Lord of Hosts says this. Now I am going to save my people from the countries of the East and from the countries of the West. I will bring them back to live inside Jerusalem. They shall be my people and I will be their God in faithfulness and integrity.’
 
Responsorial Psalm
The Lord shall build up Zion again and appear in all his glory
Gospel acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
The Son of Man came to serve
and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Alleluia! Mk 10:45

Gospel  Luke 9:46-50
The Least among you all is the greatest
An argument started between the disciples about which of them was the greatest. Jesus knew what thoughts were going through their minds, and he took a little child and set him by his side and then said to them, ‘Anyone who welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For the least among you all, that is the one who is great.’ 

John spoke up. ‘Master,’ he said ‘we saw a man casting out devils in your name, and because he is not with us we tried to stop him.’ But Jesus said to him, ‘You must not stop him: anyone who is not against you is for you.’

Loving Father, my God. come and dwell in our midst, do not abandon us your children. Make us faithful to you Father. Come and save us your people from  sins, from jealousy, and vain glory. Father save us from pride and arrogance. Bring us back to you, may your Holy Spirit dwell in our hearts.  Father you are our  God may we be faithful and sincere in loving and serving you. 

Lord Jesus Christ open my heart to hear your gentle voice directing, and correcting me.  You are ever near to guide me, to teach me and direct me. Lord be with me. Make me gentle and holy. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Vincent de Paul pray for me. God's Arch Angels protect and defend me. My Guardian Angel pray for me, protect and guide me.






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY