OUR SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST ABOLISHED DEATH

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
SATURDAY 25TH WEEK  IN ORD. TIME
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

First Reading Zechariah 2:5-9,14-15
'I will be the glory of Jerusalem'
Raising my eyes, I saw a vision. It was this: there was a man with a measuring line in his hand. I asked him, ‘Where are you going?’ He said, ‘To measure Jerusalem, to find out her breadth and her length. And then, while the angel who was talking to me stood still, another angel came forward to meet him. He said to him, ‘Run, and tell that young man this, “Jerusalem is to remain unwalled, because of the great number of men and cattle there will be in her. But I – it is the Lord who speaks – I will be a wall of fire for her all round her, and I will be her glory in the midst of her.”’
Sing, rejoice,
daughter of Zion;
for I am coming
to dwell in the middle of you
– it is the Lord who speaks.
Many nations will join the Lord,
on that day;
they will become his people.
 
 Responsorial Psalm
The Lord will guard us as a shepherd guards his flock

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Our Saviour Jesus Christ abolished death
and he has proclaimed life through the Good News.
Alleluia! cf. 2Tim. 1:10
 
Gospel  Luke 9:43-45
.They were afraid to ask him what he meant
At a time when everyone was full of admiration for all he did, Jesus said to his disciples, ‘For your part, you must have these words constantly in your mind: “The Son of Man is going to be handed over into the power of men.”’ But they did not understand him when he said this; it was hidden from them so that they should not see the meaning of it, and they were afraid to ask him about what he had just said.

Heavenly Father, most times I do not understand the happenings around me.  Most times you try to teach through everyday events in my life. It is joyful to accept good things happening around me.  My Lord most times I fail to appreciate your goodness in everyday events I may experience.  

There are times certain events makes me unhappy, I am sad, I question your love, failing to understand that your plan over my life is perfect as long as you are in control, that you Father have my life in your hands.  I may see these as evil and works of the enemy. Father if I trust in you, I trust in your divine providence, not wanting to do it my own way, according to my understanding, Father you will take me through and bring me safe.

The meaning of suffering Father I cannot understand despite Christ coming to show me the way, to lead me, and instructed that I should carry my cross to follow Him.

Teach me Lord Jesus Christ, for you came to abolish death and give us the assurance of eternity through you. Father surround me with a wall of Fire to protect and shield me as you promise through Jesus Christ my Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Arch angels protect and defend me. My guardian angel pray for me, protect and guide me.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY