GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Tuesday 3 August 2021

JESUS WALKS ON THE WATER

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 18TH TUESDAY IN ORD. TIME

O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. 

First Reading Numbers 12:1-13
How have you dared to speak against my servant Moses

Miriam, and Aaron too, spoke against Moses in connexion with the Cushite woman he had taken. (For he had married a Cushite woman.) They said, ‘Has the Lord spoken to Moses only? Has he not spoken to us too?’ 

The Lord heard this. Now Moses was the most humble of men, the humblest man on earth. Suddenly, the Lord said to Moses and Aaron and Miriam, ‘Come, all three of you, to the Tent of Meeting.’ They went, all three of them, and the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tent. He called Aaron and Miriam and they both came forward. The Lord said, ‘Listen now to my words: If any man among you is a prophet I make myself known to him in a vision, I speak to him in a dream. Not so with my servant Moses: he is at home in my house; I speak with him face to face, plainly and not in riddles, and he sees the form of the Lord. How then have you dared to speak against my servant Moses?’ 

The anger of the Lord blazed out against them. He departed, and as soon as the cloud withdrew from the Tent, there was Miriam a leper, white as snow! Aaron turned to look at her; she had become a leper.

Aaron said to Moses: ‘Help me, my lord! Do not punish us for a sin committed in folly of which we are guilty. I entreat you, do not let her be like a monster, coming from its mother’s womb with flesh half corrupted.’ 

Moses cried to the Lord, ‘O God,’ he said ‘please heal her, I beg you!’

Responsorial Psalm
Have mercy on us O Lord, for we have sinned

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Rabbi, you are the Son of God,
you are the King of Israel.
Alleluia!  Jn,1:49

Gospel Matthew 14:22-36 
Jesus walks on the water
Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead to the other side while he would send the crowds away. After sending the crowds away he went up into the hills by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, while the boat, by now far out on the lake, was battling with a heavy sea, for there was a head-wind. In the fourth watch of the night he went towards them, walking on the lake, and when the disciples saw him walking on the lake they were terrified. ‘It is a ghost’ they said, and cried out in fear. But at once Jesus called out to them, saying, ‘Courage! It is I! Do not be afraid.’ It was Peter who answered. ‘Lord,’ he said ‘if it is you, tell me to come to you across the water.’ ‘Come’ said Jesus. Then Peter got out of the boat and started walking towards Jesus across the water, but as soon as he felt the force of the wind, he took fright and began to sink. ‘Lord! Save me!’ he cried. Jesus put out his hand at once and held him. ‘Man of little faith,’ he said ‘why did you doubt?’ And as they got into the boat the wind dropped. The men in the boat bowed down before him and said, ‘Truly, you are the Son of God.’ 

Having made the crossing, they came to land at Gennesaret. When the local people recognised him they spread the news through the whole neighbourhood and took all that were sick to him, begging him just to let them touch the fringe of his cloak. And all those who touched it were completely cured.

Loving Father keep watch over my lips, guard my tongue. Save me from unholy utterances.  Father forgive me for speaking against my siblings, friends, and colleagues. Forgive me for times I have criticize members of my family, friends, aquintance, your priests, religious, government officials etc instead of praying for them.  I am very sorry Father. Lord Jesus Christ increase my faith when all hope seems to lost. May I realise that you are ever near to guide, guard and protect. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My guardian angel and my patron saints pray for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

DEMEUREZ EN MOI

  MERCREDI, 5ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF   Moi, je suis la vigne, et vous, les sarments Première Lecture Actes 15, 1-6 « On déci...

GLORIA LITURGY