GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Tuesday 24 August 2021

GOD'S HOLY CITY COMING DOWN FROM HEAVEN

PRAYER BEFORE MASS 
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys. Readings Lectures Reflection St Bartholomew
First Reading Apocalypse. 21:9-14
He showed me Jerusalem, the holy city 
coming down from God out of heaven
The angel came to speak to me, and said, ‘Come here and I will show you the bride that the Lamb has married.’ In the spirit, he took me to the top of an enormous high mountain and showed me Jerusalem, the holy city, coming down from God out of heaven. It had all the radiant glory of God and glittered like some precious jewel of crystal-clear diamond. The walls of it were of a great height, and had twelve gates; at each of the twelve gates there was an angel, and over the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel; on the east there were three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three
gates, and on the west three gates. The city walls stood on twelve foundation stones, each one of which bore the name of one of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Responsorial Psalm
Your friends, O Lord, make known the glorious splendour of your reign


Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Rabbi, you are the Son of God,
you are the King of Israel.
Alleluia! Jn 1:49

Gospel John 1:45-51 
You will see heave laid open, and the Son of Man
Philip found Nathanael and said to him, ‘We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, the one about whom the prophets wrote: he is Jesus son of Joseph, from Nazareth.’ ‘From Nazareth?’ said Nathanael ‘Can anything good come from that place?’ ‘Come and see’ replied Philip. When Jesus saw Nathanael coming he said of him, ‘There is an Israelite who deserves the name, incapable of deceit.’ ‘How do you know me?’ said Nathanael. ‘Before Philip came to call you,’ said Jesus ‘I saw you under the fig tree.’ Nathanael answered, ‘Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are the King of Israel.’ Jesus replied, ‘You believe that just because I said: I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.’ And then he added ‘I tell you most solemnly, you will see heaven laid open and, above the Son of Man, the angels of God ascending and descending.’

Heavenly Father, I thank you for your love and mercy. May I encounter you every day. Lord Jesus Christ you are the Lamb of God, you are the Son of God most High may I never doubt your divinity. May I never doubt your presence in my life. Help me see the greater things you are doing in my life.

Walk with me, and work through me Lord Jesus Christ for you are my Lord and Shepherd.  Thank you for loving me. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Batholomew pray for me. My guardian angel guide and protect me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

QUE VOTRE CŒUR NE SOIT PAS BOULEVERSÉ

MARDI, 5ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Je pars vers le Père, car le Père est plus grand que moi. Première Lecture Actes 14,19-28 « ...

GLORIA LITURGY