THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS    
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.  Mass Readings Lectures de la messe Reflection
First Reading Ex. 24:3-8
This is the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you
Moses went and told the people all the commands of the Lord and all the ordinances. In answer, all the people said with one voice, ‘We will observe all the commands that the Lord has decreed.’ Moses put all the commands of the Lord into writing, and early next morning he built an altar at the foot of the mountain, with twelve standing-stones for the twelve tribes of Israel. Then he directed certain young Israelites to offer holocausts and to immolate bullocks to the Lord as communion sacrifices. Half of the blood Moses took up and put into basins, the other half he cast on the altar. And taking the Book of the Covenant he read it to the listening people, and they said, ‘We will observe all that the Lord has decreed; we will obey.’ Then Moses took the blood and cast it towards the people. This’ he said ‘is the blood of the Covenant that the Lord has made with you, containing all these rules.’

Responsorial Psalm
Pay your sacrifice of thanksgiving to God

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Accept and submit to the word
which has been planted in you
and can save your souls.
Alleluia!  Jm. 1:21

Gospel  Matt. 13:24-30
Let them both  grow till harvest
Jesus put another parable before the crowds: ‘The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. While everybody was asleep his enemy came, sowed darnel all among the wheat, and made off. When the new wheat sprouted and ripened, the darnel appeared as well. The owner’s servants went to him and said, “Sir, was it not good seed that you sowed in your field? If so, where does the darnel come from?” “Some enemy has done this” he answered. And the servants said, “Do you want us to go and weed it out?” But he said, “No, because when you weed out the darnel you might pull up the wheat with it. Let them both grow till the harvest; and at harvest time I shall say to the reapers: First collect the darnel and tie it in bundles to be burnt, then gather the wheat into my barn.”’

Loving Father, my God I thank you for your mercy over all. Father thank you for your love and plan  for our redemption. Thank you for fulfiling your plan through the coming of Jesus Christ our redeemer.  Father with the same love your Son Jesus Christ love us and gave his life by shedding his precious blood to redeem us. Father protect us from being enemies to ourselves through disobedience to your commands. Protect us loving Father from external enemies and from evils in our world. Save us Father from eternal damnation. Father save us from falsehood. Loving Father you are full of patience and mercy, may we never take your love, your patience and mercy for granted through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Come Holy Spirit, come dwell in our hearts. Come be our advocate. Come Spirit of God, Spirit of Wisdom and Counsel. Come abide in us through Jesus Christ our Lord. Thank you Loving  Father. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you Holy Spirit. Lord Jesus I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY