FEAST OF SAINT THOMAS APOSTLE

PRAYER BEFORE MASS
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys.

First Reading Ephesians 2:19-22

In Christ you are no longer aliens but citizens like us
You are no longer aliens or foreign visitors: you are citizens like all the saints, and part of God’s household. You are part of a building that has the apostles and prophets for its foundations, and Christ Jesus himself for its main cornerstone. As every structure is aligned on him, all grow into one holy temple in the Lord; and you too, in him, are being built into a house where God lives, in the Spirit.

Responsorial Psalm
Go out to the whole world proclaim the good news

Gospel Acclamation

Alleluia, alleluia!
Jesus said: ‘You believe because you can see me.
Happy are those who have not seen and yet believe.’
Alleluia!  John 20:29

Gospel

My Lord, and my God
Thomas, called the Twin, who was one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. When the disciples said, ‘We have seen the Lord’, he answered, ‘Unless I see the holes that the nails made in his hands and can put my finger into the holes they made, and unless I can put my hand into his side, I refuse to believe.’ Eight days later the disciples were in the house again and Thomas was with them. The doors were closed, but Jesus came in and stood among them. ‘Peace be with you’ he said. Then he spoke to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; look, here are my hands. Give me your hand; put it into my side. Doubt no longer but believe.’ Thomas replied, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Jesus said to him:

'You believe becaus you can see me.
Happy are those who have not seen and yet believe. 

Heavenly Father thank you for the gift of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. Thank you for fulfiling your promise to send us a Redeemer. Jesus Christ. We thank you for today's Feast of one of Christ's Apostles, Thomas. You know loving Father all your creatures.

Jesus Christ your Son know everything, he knew his Apostles and disciples. He knew their thoughts. They doubted his divinity.  Thomas was bold to speak out after Christ resurrection. The beauty of his doubt is the authenticity of your Son's divinity.  This is a proof that Christ died, and he rose as he said.  That He is the Truth and Life.  Thank you Father.

My Father, and my God whenever I am in doubt of your divine providence, in doubt of the saving power of your Son Jesus Christ, Father help me. Remove every doubt. Lord Jesus Christ increase my faith. Help my unbelieve. Thank you  for loving me. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary Mother of Christ, Queen of Apolstles pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint thomas pray for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY