SAINT JOACHIM AND SAINT ANNE

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS
 
Act of Love beforeMass
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Amen. 

First Reading Exodus Exodus 32:15-24,30-34
The golden calf
Moses made his way back down the mountain with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, tablets inscribed on both sides, inscribed on the front and on the back. These tablets were the work of God, and the writing on them was God’s writing engraved on the tablets.

Joshua heard the noise of the people shouting. ‘There is the sound of battle in the camp’, he told Moses. Moses answered him:

‘No song of victory is this sound, no wailing for defeat this sound;
it is the sound of chanting that I hear.’

As he approached the camp and saw the calf and the groups dancing, Moses’ anger blazed. He threw down the tablets he was holding and broke them at the foot of the mountain. He seized the calf they had made and burned it, grinding it into powder which he scattered on the water; and he made the sons of Israel drink it. To Aaron Moses said, ‘What has this people done to you, for you to bring such a great sin on them?’ ‘Let not my lord’s anger blaze like this’ Aaron answered. ‘You know yourself how prone this people is to evil. They said to me, “Make us a god to go at our head; this Moses, the man who brought us up from Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.” So I said to them, “Who has gold?,” and they took it off and brought it to me. I threw it into the fire and out came this calf.’

On the following day Moses said to the people, ‘You have committed a grave sin. But now I shall go up to the Lord: perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.’ And Moses returned to the Lord. ‘I am grieved,’ he cried ‘this people has committed a grave sin, making themselves a god of gold. And yet, if it pleased you to forgive this sin of theirs...! But if not, then blot me out from the book that you have written.’ The Lord answered Moses, “It is the man who has sinned against me that I shall blot out from my book. Go now, lead the people to the place of which I told you. My angel shall go before you but, on the day of my visitation, I shall punish them for their sin.’


Responsorial Psalm
O give thanks to the Lord for he is good

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
By his own choice the Father made us his children 
by the message of the truth, so that we should 
be a sort of first-fruits of all that he created. Alleluia! James 1:18

Gospel Matthew 13:31-35
The smallest of all seeds grows into the biggest shrub of all
Jesus put a parable before the crowds: ‘The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all the seeds, but when it has grown it is the biggest shrub of all and becomes a tree so that the birds of the air come and shelter in its branches.’ 

He told them another parable: ‘The kingdom of heaven is like the yeast a woman took and mixed in with three measures of flour till it was leavened all through.’

In all this Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables; indeed, he would never speak to them except in parables. This was to fulfil the prophecy: I will speak to you in parables and expound things hidden since the foundation of the world.  The year is gone beyond recall

My God, my Father heaven forgive me for incuring your anger by my diobedience to your command. I too have made idols out ignorance. Whatever rules our passion beside you is an Idol. Most times Father the images of sins are created in our hearts whenever we disobey your commandments. They are  idols we do not realise.  These idols manifest through our actions towards self  and towards other creatures. These idols are the causes of evils in our world. 

The images we create in our hearts, our imaginations and thoughts if they are not attuned to your Holy Will Father, leads to evil which results to vices that rules and reign in our hearts and action instead of your Holy will and your Heavenly Kingdom Father.

Forgive me Father. Lord Jesus Christ send me your Holy Spirit to guide me, to teach me that I may understand your teaching.  May God's Spirit dwell in my heart to reveal and expound things hidden since the foundation of the world. The Secrets of the Kingdom of heaven. 

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary Pray for me, Saint Joseph pray for me.  Saint Joachim and Saint Anne pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY