SAINT IGNATIUS OF LAYOLA, PRIEST

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS
 
Act of Love beforeMass
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Amen. 
      
First Reading Leviticus 25:1,8-17
The Law of the jubilee year

The Lord spoke to Moses on Mount Sinai. He said: 
You are to count seven weeks of years – seven times seven years, that is to say a period of seven weeks of years, forty-nine years. And on the tenth day of the seventh month you shall sound the trumpet; on the Day of Atonement you shall sound the trumpet throughout the land. You will declare this fiftieth year sacred and proclaim the liberation of all the inhabitants of the land. This is to be a jubilee for you; each of you will return to his ancestral home, each to his own clan. This fiftieth year is to be a jubilee year for you: you will not sow, you will not harvest the ungathered corn, you will not gather from the untrimmed vine. The jubilee is to be a holy thing to you, you will eat what comes from the fields. 

‘In this year of jubilee each of you is to return to his ancestral home. If you buy or sell with your neighbour, let no one wrong his brother. If you buy from your neighbour, this must take into account the number of years since the jubilee: according to the number of productive years he will fix the price. The greater the number of years, the higher shall be the price demanded; the less the number of years, the greater the reduction; for what he is selling you is a certain number of harvests. Let none of you wrong his neighbour, but fear your God; I am the Lord your God.’

Responsorial Psalm
Let the peoples praise you, O God, let all the peoples praise you

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Happy those who are persecuted
in the cause of right,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Alleluia! Mt. 5:10

Gospel  Matt. 14:1-12
The beheading of John the Baptist
Herod the tetrarch heard about the reputation of Jesus, and said to his court, ‘This is John the Baptist himself; he has risen from the dead, and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him.’ 

Now it was Herod who had arrested John, chained him up and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife. For John had told him, ‘It is against the Law for you to have her.’ He had wanted to kill him but was afraid of the people, who regarded John as a prophet. Then, during the celebrations for Herod’s birthday, the daughter of Herodias danced before the company, and so delighted Herod that he promised on oath to give her anything she asked. Prompted by her mother she said, ‘Give me John the Baptist’s head, here, on a dish.’ The king was distressed but, thinking of the oaths he had sworn and of his guests, he ordered it to be given her, and sent and had John beheaded in the prison. The head was brought in on a dish and given to the girl, who took it to her mother. John’s disciples came and took the body and buried it; then they went off to tell Jesus.

Heavenly Father, God our Father, truly you deserve all praise, worship and adoration. YES Father, let the peoples praise you. O God, let all the peoples praise you.  Your merciful love and compassion over all your creatures is great.  

My Father, deliver me from the evil spirit of Herod. Father guard my heart, my soul and my spirit that may not be ruled by evil passion. Deliver me from the evil spirit of Herodias and may I never be possessed by her character.  Father deliver our children, may they be protected from the bad influence of evil adults.  May mothers be good mothers to their children, most expecially to their daughters.  May all women possess the virtues of our Blessed Mother, the Virgin Mary. Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus Christ the gospel is full of so many vices that are in our world today. May your sacrifce in saving humanity not be in vain.  Heavenly Father, be merciful to us your Children. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. Saint Ignatius of Layola pray for us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY