MEMORIAL OF SAINTS MARTHA, MARY AND LAZARUS

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS
 
Act of Love beforeMass
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Amen. 

First Reading Exodus Exodus 40:16-21,34-38 
The Tabernacle is set up
Moses did exactly as the Lord had directed him. The tabernacle was set up on the first day of the first month in the second year. Moses erected the tabernacle. He fixed the sockets for it, put up its frames, put its crossbars in position, set up its posts. He spread the tent over the tabernacle and on top of this the covering for the tent, as the Lord had directed Moses. He took the Testimony and placed it inside the ark. He set the shafts to the ark and placed the throne of mercy on it. He brought the ark into the tabernacle and put the screening veil in place; thus he screened the ark of the Lord, as the Lord had directed Moses. 
The cloud covered the Tent of Meeting and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. Moses could not enter the Tent of Meeting because of the cloud that rested on it and because of the glory of the Lord that filled the tabernacle. 

At every stage of their journey, whenever the cloud rose from the tabernacle the sons of Israel would resume their march. If the cloud did not rise, they waited and would not march until it did. For the cloud of the Lord rested on the tabernacle by day, and a fire shone within the cloud by night, for all the House of Israel to see. And so it was for every stage of their journey.

Responsorial Psalm

How lovely is your dwelling-place, Lord, God of hosts

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
anyone who follows me will have the light of life.
Alleluia! Jh. 8:12

Gospel  John 11:19-27
I am the resurrection and the life
Many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to sympathise with them over their brother. When Martha heard that Jesus had come she went to meet him. Mary remained sitting in the house. Martha said to Jesus, ‘If you had been here, my brother would not have died, but I know that, even now, whatever you ask of God, he will grant you.’ ‘Your brother’ said Jesus to her ‘will rise again.’ Martha said, ‘I know he will rise again at the resurrection on the last day.’ Jesus said:

‘I am the resurrection and the life.
If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live,
and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
Do you believe this?’

‘Yes, Lord,’ she said ‘I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, the one who was to come into this world.’

Heavenly Father, my God I thank you for your faithfulness and love. Be with me Father in every journey of life.  Father may I have the spirit of generosity like Lazarus that my heart is constantly yearning for you.  That I welcome Jesus Christ into my heart. That Christ dwell in my heart always.
Father may I possess the spirit of Martha that I am ever willing to serve you through humanity, and to serve in your house in collaboration with your Priests and Religious. To love my fellow creatures  as Martha and ever willing to render assistance. That I may serve you in my vocation.  

Give me the spirit of Mary Father that I will have a heart yearning to listen to your voice and the voice of my Lord and Master Jesus Christ. That I will find joy and peace in your presence and in the presence of Jesus Christ.  Father this I ask of you through Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saints Martha, Mary and Lazarus pray for me. My guardian angel protect me.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY