I AM WHO I AM

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS Act of Love beforeMass  SAINT BONAVENTURE
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. 
Amen. Mass Readings  Lectures de la Messe Reflection  Saint Bonaventure, Bishop, Doctor

First Reading   Exodus 3:13-20
God reveals his name to Moses
Moses, hearing the voice of God coming from the middle of the bush, said to him, ‘I am to go, then, to the sons of Israel and say to them, “The God of your fathers has sent me to you.” But if they ask me what his name is, what am I to tell them?’ And God said to Moses, ‘I Am who I Am. This’ he added ‘is what you must say to the sons of Israel: “I Am has sent me to you.”’ And God also said to Moses, ‘You are to say to the sons of Israel: “The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.” This is my name for all time; by this name I shall be invoked for all generations to come. 

‘Go and gather the elders of Israel together and tell them, “The Lord, the God of your fathers, has appeared to me, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob; and he has said to me: I have visited you and seen all that the Egyptians are doing to you. And so I have resolved to bring you up out of Egypt where you are oppressed, into the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the
Hivites and the Jebusites, to a land where milk and honey flow.” They will listen to your words, and with the elders of Israel you are to go to the king of Egypt and say to him, “The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has come to meet us. Give us leave, then, to make a three days’ journey into the wilderness to offer sacrifice to the Lord our God.” For myself, knowing that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless he is forced by a mighty hand, I shall show my power and strike Egypt with all the wonders I am going to work there. After this he will let you go.’

Responsorial Psalm
The Lord remembers his covenant for ever


Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened,
and I will give you rest, says the Lord.
Alleluia! Matt. 11:28

Gospel  Matt. 11:28-30
My yoke is easy my burden is light
Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’

Mighty God, the I am that I am, your most Holy name loving Father. You are the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. Father you alone are God to you be all glory, worship, honor and adoration. You are the mighty deliverer we bless your Holy name.  Thank you Father for our Lord Jesus Christ. He came to bear all our burdens, our pains and our labour. He is our Rock, Shelter and our Hope of  Salvation.  

Lord Jesus Christ be my teacher. Teach me to be gentle, meek, humble in heart that I may find rest for my soul. Lord if I obey your kind and encouraging words knowing that your yoke is easy and your burden light, I can face tomorrow and every other day while focusing on you my Lord and Master.  Lord Jesus Christ thank you for loving me. Lord I trust in you, help me my Saviour. Virgin Mary Mother of Christ pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY