GOD'S ANOINTING

PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS 
Act of Love beforeMass

O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

First Reading  2 Corinthians 1:18-22 

   
God himself has anointed us and given us his Spirit
I sweat by God’s ttruth, there is no Yes and No about what we say to you. The Son of God, the Christ Jesus that we proclaimed among you – I mean Silvanus and Timothy and I – was never Yes and No: with him it was always Yes, and however many the promises God made, the Yes to them all is in him. That is why it is ‘through him’ that we answer Amen to the praise of God. Remember it is God himself who assures us all, and you, of our standing in Christ, and has anointed us, marking us with his seal and giving us the pledge, the Spirit, that we carry in our hearts.  
                                          
Responsorial Psalm
Let your face shine on your servant

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Your light must shine in the sight of men,
so that, seeing your good works,
they may give the praise to your Father in heaven.
Alleluia!   Matt. 5:16

Gospel Matthew 5:13-16 

Your light must shine in the sight of men 
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘You are the salt of the earth. But if salt becomes tasteless, what can make it salty again? It is good for nothing, and can only be thrown out to be trampled underfoot by men.  ‘You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill-top cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp to put it under a tub; they put it on the lamp-stand where it shines for everyone in the house. In the same way your light must shine in the sight of men, so that, seeing your good works, they may give the praise to your Father in heaven.’ 

Heavenly Father, direct my steps that I may be a lamp (light) that will shine to the glory of  your  holy Name. A light that men and women may praise your Holy name Father.  May I live a meaningful life that will promote human dignity. A life that will bring joy and succour to all your creatures. Make me Father grow in love and humility.

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for loving me. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Sacred Heart of Jesus I put my trust in you. Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us.

lectures Readings Reflection My sincere apology I am unable to do my normal posting on Catholic Altar and Liturgical Colours because of the ban on Twitter by the Nigerian Government. Using V.P.N. is breaking the rules as we are adviced to obey rules even when they don't seems right. May God Almigthy, the all seeing God intervene in the current situation. He sees the heart of all men, their intention may His holy will be done through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY