THE AUTHORITY OF JESUS CHRIST

PRAYER BEFORE MASS
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys. ReadingLectures Reflection 

First reading Ecclesiasticus 51:17-27

Glory be to him who has given me wisdom
I will thank you and praise you,   and bless the name of the Lord. When I was still a youth, before I went travelling,  in my prayers I asked outright for wisdom. Outside the sanctuary I would pray for her,  and to the last I will continue to seek her. From her blossoming to the ripening of her grape  my heart has taken its delight in her. My foot has pursued a straight path,  I have been following her steps ever since my youth. By bowing my ear a little I have received her,   and have found much instruction. Thanks to her I have advanced; the glory be to him who has given me wisdom! For I am determined to put her into practice,   I have earnestly pursued what is good, I will not be put to shame. My soul has fought to possess her, I have been scrupulous in keeping the Law; I have stretched out my hands to heaven  and bewailed my ignorance of her;I have directed my soul towards her,   and in purity have found her.

Responsorial Psalm
The precepts of the Lord gladden the heart

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Let the message of Christ, in all its richness,
find a home with you;
through him give thanks to God the Father.
Alleluia!  cf: Col 3:16a&17

Gospel   Mark   11:27-33

I will not  tel you my authority for acting like this
Jesus and his disciples came to Jerusalem, and as Jesus was walking in the Temple, the chief priests and the scribes and the elders came to him, and they said to him, ‘What authority have you for acting like this? Or who gave you authority to do these things?’ Jesus said to them, ‘I will ask you a question, only one; answer me and I will tell you my authority for acting like this. John’s baptism: did it come from heaven, or from man? Answer me that.’ And they argued it out this way among themselves: ‘If we say from heaven, he will say, “Then why did you refuse to believe him?” But dare we say from man?’ – they had the people to fear, for everyone held that John was a real prophet. So their reply to Jesus was, ‘We do not know.’ And Jesus said to them, ‘Nor will I tell you my authority for acting like this.’

Heavenly father I thank and praise you for my being.  Father give me wisdom. Grant me a humble heart.  All power and authority belong to you. Make me your obedient child in keeping your commandments. Lord Jesus Christ I believe and trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary Mother, Mother Christ pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY