MARY MOTHER OF THE CHCURCH

MARY MOTHER OF CHIRST MOTHER OF THE CHURCH
PRAYER BEFORE MASS
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys.


First Reading  Genesis 3:9-15,20

The Mother of all those who live
After Adam had eaten of the tree the Lord God called to him. ‘Where are you?’ he asked. ‘I heard thesound of you in the garden;’ he replied ‘I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid.’ ‘Who told you that you were naked?’ he asked ‘Have you been eating of the tree I forbade you to eat?’ The man replied, ‘It was the woman you put with me; she gave me the fruit, and I ate it.’ Then the Lord God asked the woman, ‘What is this you have done?’ The woman replied, ‘The serpent tempted me and I ate.’

Then the Lord God said to the serpent, ‘Because you have done this,
 
Be accursed beyond all cattle,
all wild beasts.
You shall crawl on your belly and eat dust
every day of your life.
I will make you enemies of each other:
you and the woman,
your offspring and her offspring.
It will crush your head
and you will strike its heel.’
 
The man named his wife ‘Eve’ because she was the mother of all those who live.

Responsorial Psalm
Of you are told glorious things, O city of God!

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Happy are you, holy Virgin Mary, and most worthy of all praise,
for from you arose the sun of justice, Christ our God.
Alleluia!

Gospel   John 19:25-34

Behold your mother, Behold your Mother
Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary of Magdala. Seeing his mother and the disciple he loved standing near her, Jesus said to his mother, ‘Woman, this is your son.’ Then to the disciple he said, ‘This is your mother.’ And from that moment the disciple made a place for her in his home.

After this, Jesus knew that everything had now been completed, and to fulfil the scripture perfectly he said, ‘I am thirsty.’ 

A jar full of vinegar stood there, so putting a sponge soaked in the vinegar on a hyssop stick they held it up to his mouth. After Jesus had taken the vinegar he said, ‘It is accomplished’; and bowing his head he gave up his spirit. 

It was Preparation Day, and to prevent the bodies remaining on the cross during the sabbath – since that sabbath was a day of special solemnity – the Jews asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken away. Consequently the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with him and then of the other. When they came to Jesus, they found he was already dead, and so instead of breaking his legs one of the soldiers pierced his side with a lance; and immediately there came out blood and water.

Heavenly Father I thank you for your mercy and love.  I thank you for fulfling your promise of salvation to all mankind through Jesus Christ your Son.  A mother is one who gives life. Father I thank you for the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of your Son Jesus Christ. 

Father, at the foot of the cross your Son Jesus Christ, gave His beloved Mother to the  beloved Apostle John, and she became the Mother of all who belive in your Son. Mother to all who have accepted Him as their Lord and Saviour. My Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ thank you for the gift of your Mother. May I  appreciate your her as my mother. Help me understand her role as the Mother of the Church, and the gift a mother can bestow upon her children.  

We children take our earthly mothers for granted, and their motherly love.  Lord Jesus Christ help  me  understand the role of your Mother  and her love for us who believe in you.  Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Christ, my Mother pray for me.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY