JOHN'S TESTIMONY

AWESOME LORD
                                         PRAYER BEFORE MASS
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys.

First Reading Acts 28:16-20,30-31

In Rome, Paul proclaimed the Kingdom of God without hindrance from anyone
On our arrival in Rome Paul was allowed to stay in lodgings of his own with the soldier who guarded him. 
After three days he called together the leading Jews. When they had assembled, he said to them, ‘Brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans. They examined me and would have set me free, since they found me guilty of nothing involving the death penalty; but the Jews lodged an objection, and I was forced to appeal to Caesar, not that I had any accusation to make against my own nation. That is why I have asked to see you and talk to you, for it is on account of the hope of Israel that I wear this chain.’ 

Paul spent the whole of the two years in his own rented lodging. He welcomed all who came to visit him, proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching the truth about the Lord Jesus Christ with complete freedom and without hindrance from anyone.

Responsorial Psalm
The upright shall see your face, O Lord

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
I will send you the Spirit of truth, says the Lord;
he will lead you to the complete truth.
Alleluia! cf. john 16 7,13

Gospel John John 20:21-25
This disciples is the one who vouches for theses things and we know that his testimony is true
Peter turned and saw the disciple Jesus loved following them – the one who had leaned on his breast at the supper and had said to him, ‘Lord, who is it that will betray you?’ Seeing him, Peter said to Jesus, ‘What about him, Lord?’ Jesus answered, ‘If I want him to stay behind till I come, what does it matter to you? You are to follow me.’ The rumour then went out among the brothers that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus had not said to Peter, ‘He will not die’, but, ‘If I want him to stay behind till I come.’

This disciple is the one who vouches for these things and has written them down, and we know that his testimony is true.

There were many other things that Jesus did; if all were written down, the world itself, I suppose, would not hold all the books that would have to be written.

Heavenly Father, King of glory, take all the glory through Jesus Christ your Son.

Lord Jesus Christ my Lord and Redeemer, you are the great I AM. You are the Son of God Most High. You are the Living Bread that came down from heaven:the bread of life. You are the Light of the world. You are the  Vine. You are the Living Spring. You are the Word of God made flesh. You are the King of Glory.  You are the Saviour of the world. You are All in All.  

Lord, all your miracles according to John's testimony: if they were written down, the world itself, would not hold all the books that would have to be written. Lord you are AWESOME.  Help me understand the mystery of your DIVINE LOVE.   

Thank you Lord for loving me. Lord Jesus Crhist I trust in you. Mother of Christ Virgin Mary, my Mother pray for me. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY