JESUS CHRIST THE AUTHOR OF PEACE

PRAYER BEFORE MASS
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys.

First Acts 9:1-9

The moment Paul laid hands on them the Holy Spirit came down upon them
While Apollos was in Corinth, Paul made his way overland as far as Ephesus, where he found a number of disciples. When he asked, ‘Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you became believers?’ they answered, ‘No, we were never even told there was such a thing as a Holy Spirit.’ ‘Then how were you baptised?’ he asked. ‘With John’s baptism’ they replied. ‘John’s baptism’ said Paul ‘was a baptism of repentance; but he insisted that the people should believe in the one who was to come after him – in other words, Jesus.’ When they heard this, they were baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus, and the moment Paul had laid hands on them the Holy Spirit came down on them, and they began to speak with tongues and to prophesy. There were about twelve of these men. 

He began by going to the synagogue, where he spoke out boldly and argued persuasively about the kingdom of God. He did this for three months.

Responsorial Psalm
Kingdoms of the earth, sing to God

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Since you have been brought back to true life with Christ,
you must look for the things that are in heaven, where Christ is,
sitting at God’s right hand.
Alleluia!  Col 3:1

Gospel  John 16:29-33

Be brave, for I have conquered the world
His disciples said to Jesus, ‘Now you are speaking plainly and not using metaphors! Now we see that you know everything, and do not have to wait for questions to be put into words; because of this we believe that you came from God.’ Jesus answered them:
‘Do you believe at last?

Listen; the time will come – in fact it has come already when you will be scattered, each going his own way and leaving me alone.
And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
I have told you all this so that you may find peace in me. 
In the world you will have trouble, but be brave: I have conquered the world.’

Lord Jesus Christ without you I can do nothing. Thank you for you are the giver of life and truth. Give me peace of heart and mind.  Lord I can only achieve this if I remain connected to you. Give me peace Lord so that I may remain calm and focus in the midst of challenges and troubles.  May yourgift of peace abide and remain with me. You alone can give peace which the world cannot beacuse you O Lord, is the Author of Peace. Lord Jesus Christ I turst in you. Blessed Virgin Mary Our Lday Queen of Peace pray for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY