GOD DOES NOT HAVE FAVORITES: THE SECRET OF TRUE HAPPINESS

PRAYER BEFORE MA
SS 
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. 
 
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys.


First Reading Acts   Acts 10:25-26,34-35,44-48

The Pagans have received the Holy Spirit, just as we have
As Peter reached the house Cornelius went out to meet him, knelt at his feet and prostrated himself. But Peter helped him up. ‘Stand up,’ he said ‘I am only a man after all!’ 

Then Peter addressed them: ‘The truth I have now come to realise’ he said ‘is that God does not have favourites, but that anybody of any nationality who fears God and does what is right is acceptable to him.’ 

While Peter was still speaking the Holy Spirit came down on all the listeners. Jewish believers who had accompanied Peter were all astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit should be poured out on the pagans too, since they could hear them speaking strange languages and proclaiming the greatness of God. Peter himself then said, ‘Could anyone refuse the water of baptism to these people, now they have received the Holy Spirit just as much as we have?’ He then gave orders for them to be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterwards they begged him to stay on for some days.

Responsorial Psalm
The Lord has shown his salvation to the nations

Second Reading   1 John 4:7-10 

Let us love one another, since love comes from God

My dear people, let us love one another since love comes from God and everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Anyone who fails to love can never have known God, because God is love.  God’s love for us was revealed when God sent into the world his only Son so that we could have life through him; this is the love I mean: not our love for God, but God’s love for us when he sent his Son to be the sacrifice that takes our sins away.

Gospel Acclamation
Jesus said:
‘If anyone loves me he will keep my word, 
and my Father will love him, 
and we shall come to him.’ Alleluia!    John 14 :23

Gospel  John 15:9-17

You are my friends if you do what I command you

Jesus said to his disciples:
‘As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete.

This is my commandment: love one another, as I have loved you. A man can have no greater love than to lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends, if you do what I command you. I shall not call you servants any more, because a servant does not know his master’s business; I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have learnt from my Father.

You did not choose me: no, I chose you; and I commissioned you to go out and to bear fruit, fruit that will last; and then the Father will give you anything you ask him in my name. What I command you is to love one another.’

Loving Father you have not favorites, you love all your creatures. You forgive us all our iniquities. Father you are full of compassion. You are ever ready to forgive us whenever we ask for your pardon. When we beg for your mercy and forgiveness.  My Father because of your loving compassion, and to save us from destruction physical and spiritual, you gave us your commandments. While we were sinners your Son Jesus Christ gave his life to redeem us.  

During his life on earth, he revealed to us your image loving Father. He was full of compassion and love. He was all loving and forgiving, He healed and cured those who were physically and spiritually sick. He fed the people both physically and spiritually. He reminded his disciples the importance of keeping his commandments as expression of their love and loyalty.

Father it is impossible to please you without your grace and your Holy Spirit. I ask for your gifts of Grace and Holy Spirit. For with your gifts I will extend love to my fellow creatures as you commanded Father. May I remain in your love.  Father I ask of you through your Son Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.  Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for loving me. Jesus I trust in you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY