A HUNDREDFOLD REWARD

PRAYER BEFORE MASS
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys.

First reading   Eccle:35:2-15

Give to the Most High as he has given to you

A man multiplies offerings by keeping the Law;   he offers communion sacrifices by following the commandments. By showing gratitude he makes an offering of fine flour,  by giving alms he offers a sacrifice of praise. Withdraw from wickedness and the Lord will be pleased,   withdraw from injustice and you make atonement. Do not appear empty-handed in the Lord’s presence;  for all these things are due under the commandment. A virtuous man’s offering graces the altar,  and its savior rises before the Most High. A virtuous man’s sacrifice is acceptable,  its memorial will not be forgotten.  
Honour the Lord with generosity,  do not stint the first-fruits you bring. Add a smiling face to all your gifts,   and be cheerful as you dedicate your tithes. Give to the Most High as he has given to you, generously as your means can afford; for the Lord is a good rewarder,   he will reward you seven times over. Offer him no bribe, he will not accept it,  do not put your faith in an unvirtuous sacrifice; since the Lord is a judge   who is no respecter of personages.

 Responsorial Psalm
I will show God’s Salvation to the upright

Gosple Accalmation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Blessed are you, Father,
Lord of heaven and earth,
for revealing the mysteries of the kingdom
to mere children.
Alleluia!  Matt: 11:25

Gospel     Mark 10:28-32
Whoever has left everything for the sake of the gospel will be repaid

At that time Peter began to tell Jesus, ‘What about us? We have left everything and followed you.’ Jesus said, ‘I tell you solemnly, there is no one who has left house, brothers, sisters, father, children or land for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not be repaid a hundred times over, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and land – not without persecutions – now in this present time and, in the world to come, eternal life.   ‘Many who are first will be last, and the last first.’  

My loving Father in heaven in obeying your commandments is like you are asking too much frm me. Then  my Father it is for my preservation, and salvation.  My offering to you my Father in heaven is my sacrifice of praise to you for your loving kindness, for your goodness, for your love and for your mercy.  

I offer myself to you Lord. Help me live a virtuous life. Give me a generous and a cheerful heart. Father your reward is a hundredfold for you Lord is a judge who is no respecter of personages. Lord  Jesus Christ, my Saviour and Master I have given up my pride. I desire to follow you. 

Thank you for loving me, Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. irgin Mary pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY