THE GOOD SHEPHERD SUNDAY

PRAYER BEFORE MASS 
Go before us O Lord, in this our sacrifice of Prayer and Praise, and grant that we say and sing with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and practice and show forth in our daily lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. 
 
PRAYER AFTER MASS
Bless, O Lord, our hearts and minds, and grant that as we leave Your house, we may continue to be aware of Your presence. Through Christ our Lord. Amen. by Saint John Berchmans, Patron Saint of Altar Boys 


First Readings  Acts 4:8-12

The name of Jesus Christ is the only name which we can be saved
Filled with the Holy Spirit, Peter said: ‘Rulers of the people, and elders! If you are questioning us today about an act of kindness to a cripple, and asking us how he was healed, then I am glad to tell you all, and would indeed be glad to tell the whole people of Israel, that it was by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, the one you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by this name and by no other that this man is able to stand up perfectly healthy, here in your presence, today. This is the stone rejected by you the builders, but which has proved to be the keystone. For of all the names in the world given to men, this is the only one by which we can be saved.’

Responsorial Psalm
The stone which the builders rejected has become the corner stone

Second Reading 1John 3:1-2

We shall be like God because we shall see him as he really is

Think of the love that the Father has lavished on us, 
by letting us be called God’s children; and that is what we are.
Because the world refused to acknowledge him, therefore it does not acknowledge us.
My dear people, we are already the children of God but what we are to be in the future has not yet been revealed;
all we know is, that when it is revealed we shall be like him because we shall see him as he really is.
 
Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
I am the good shepherd, says the Lord;
I know my own sheep and my own know me.
Alleluia!   John 20:14

Gospel     John 10:11-18

The good shepherd is one who lays down his life for his sheep
Jesus said:

‘I am the good shepherd:
the good shepherd is one who lays down his life for his sheep.
The hired man, since he is not the shepherd
and the sheep do not belong to him,
abandons the sheep and runs away
as soon as he sees a wolf coming,
and then the wolf attacks and scatters the sheep;
this is because he is only a hired man
and has no concern for the sheep.. .....
 
My Lord and Saviour you are my Shepherd. I thank you so much for your sacrifice to redeem a sinner. Help me Lord to love you more. The sacrifice you paid for my saalvation is a sacrifice beyond telling. You love me so much, help understand how much you so love me, and paid a price by your crucifixion to save me.  Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you.  

Thank you my Lord for loving me. Thank you heavenly Father for your great love and mercy over all your creatures.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY