GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Wednesday 3 February 2021

THE LOVE OF THE LORD IS EVERLASTING

Prayer before Mass:
 
Almighty and ever-living God, I approach the sacrament of Your only-begotten Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. I come sick to the doctor of life, unclean to the fountain of mercy, blind to the radiance of eternal light, and poor and needy to the Lord of heaven and earth. Lord, in Your great generosity, heal my sickness, wash away my defilement, enlighten my blindness, enrich my poverty, and clothe my nakedness. May I receive the Bread of Angels, the King of kings and Lord of lords, with humble reverence, with the purity and faith, the repentance and love, and the determined purpose that will help  to bring me to salvation. 
 
May I receive the sacrament of the Lord’s Body and Blood, and its reality and power. Kind God, may I receive the Body of Your only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, born from the womb of the Virgin Mary, and so be received into His mystical body and numbered among His members. 
Loving Father, as on my earthly pilgrimage I now receive Your beloved Son under the veil of a  sacrament, may I one day see Him face to face in glory, who lives and reigns with You forever. Amen. By Knights of the Holy Eucharist.  Readings Lectures  Reflection

First Reading

God is training you as His sons
In the fight against sin, you have not yet had to keep fighting to the point of death.  

Have you forgotten that encouraging text in which you are addressed as sons?
 My son, when the Lord corrects you, do not treat it lightly; but do not get discouraged when he reprimands you. For the Lord trains the ones that he loves and he punishes all those that he acknowledges as his sons. Suffering is part of your training; God is treating you as his sons. Has there ever been any son whose father did not train him? Of course, any punishment is most painful at the time, and far from pleasant; but later, in those on whom it has been used, it bears fruit in peace and goodness. So hold up your limp arms and steady your trembling knees and smooth out the path you tread; then the injured limb will not be wrenched, it will grow strong again.

Always be wanting peace with all people, and the holiness without which no one can ever see the Lord. Be careful that no one is deprived of the grace of God and that no root of bitterness should begin to grow and make trouble; this can poison a whole community.

Responsorial Psalm
The love of the Lord is everlasting upon those who hold him in fear

Gospel

A Prophet is only despised in his own country

Jesus went to his home town and his disciples accompanied him. With the coming of the sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue and most of them were astonished when they heard him. They said, ‘Where did the man get all this? What is this wisdom that has been granted him, and these miracles that are worked through him? This is the carpenter, surely, the son of Mary, the brother of James and Joset and Jude and Simon? His sisters, too, are they not here with us?’ And they would not accept him. And Jesus said to them, ‘A prophet is only despised in his own country, among his own relations and in his own house’; and he could work no miracle there, though he cured a few sick people by laying his hands on them. He was amazed at their lack of faith.

Heavenly Father, help me remember your encouraging word which you addressed me as your child. Help me to accept corrections form you. Father I know you train the ones that you love and punishes all those you acknowledges as your children. Give me the heart to understand that the suffering I am going through is part of my training in life journey. Every Father trains his child, it maybe a painful process, seems like punishment, very unpleasant Father, it will later bear fruit in peace and goodness. Father if I hold on in my trials my injured limb will not be wrenched, it will grow strong again.
My Saviour, Lord Jesus Christ may I not be too  familiar in receiving you in Holy Communion that I disrespect you. May I not be too familiar listening to your words daily that they become meaningless to me. May I not be too familiar in attending Holy Mass that it become just a routine. Help me Lord that each encounter with you bears fruits in my life. Help me Lord to respect those who are specially gifted, and appreciate God's  gifts in the live of your creatures, and my close relatives. Lord Jesus Christ thank you for loving me I believe in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

QUE VOTRE CŒUR NE SOIT PAS BOULEVERSÉ

MARDI, 5ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Je pars vers le Père, car le Père est plus grand que moi. Première Lecture Actes 14,19-28 « ...

GLORIA LITURGY