GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Saturday 13 February 2021

DUST TO DUST

Prayer before Mass:
 
Almighty and ever-living God, I approach the sacrament of Your only-begotten Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. I come sick to the doctor of life, unclean to the fountain of mercy, blind to the radiance of eternal light, and poor and needy to the Lord of heaven and earth. Lord, in Your great generosity, heal my sickness, wash away my defilement, enlighten my blindness, enrich my poverty, and clothe my nakedness. May I receive the Bread of Angels, the King of kings and Lord of lords, with humble reverence, with the purity and faith, the repentance and love, and the determined purpose that will help  to bring me to salvation

May I receive the sacrament of the Lord’s Body and Blood, and its reality and power. Kind God, may I receive the Body of Your only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, born from the womb of the Virgin Mary, and so be received into His mystical body and numbered among His members.

Loving Father, as on my earthly pilgrimage I now receive Your beloved Son under the veil of a  sacrament, may I one day see Him face to face in glory, who lives and reigns with You forever. Amen. By Knights of the Holy Eucharist.  Readings Lectures  Reflection 

First Readin

The expulsion from the Garden of Eden Genesis 3:9-24

The man named his wife ‘Eve’ because she was the mother of all those who live. The Lord God made clothes out of skins for the man and his wife, and they put them on. Then the Lord God said, ‘See, the man has become like one of us, with his knowledge of good and evil. He must not be allowed to stretch his hand out next and pick from the tree of life also, and eat some and live for ever.’ So the Lord God expelled him from the garden of Eden, to till the soil from which he had been taken. He banished the man, and in front of the garden of Eden he posted the cherubs, and the flame of a flashing sword, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Responsorial Psalm
O Lord, you have been our refuge from one generation to the next

Gospel

The feeding of four thousand
A great crowd had gathered, and they had nothing to eat. So Jesus called his disciples to him and said to them, ‘I feel sorry for all these people; they have been with me for three days now and have nothing to eat. If I send them off home hungry they will collapse on the way; some have come a great distance.’ His disciples replied, ‘Where could anyone get bread to feed these people in a deserted place like this?’ He asked them, ‘How many loaves have you?’ ‘Seven’ they said. Then he instructed the crowd to sit down on the ground, and he took the seven loaves, and after giving thanks he broke them and handed them to his disciples to distribute; and they distributed them among the crowd. They had a few small fish as well, and over these he said a blessing and ordered them to be distributed also. They ate as much as they wanted, and they collected seven basketfuls of the scraps left over. Now there had been about four thousand people. He sent them away and immediately, getting into the boat with his disciples, went to the region of Dalmanutha.

My Father in heaven how often have I offended you by my disobedience, then to justify my action, I will pass the blame to others. How often have I failed to listen to your voice of direction, failing to hear, I must accept responsibility of my actions. Compassionate God, Christ reveled your unfailing love 'I feel sorry for the people.......' It is interesting to know that when we are with the Lord he will never abandon us. He makes our problem His, most times we forget and look for help elsewhere. He is interested in our spiritual, physical and material need. Christ so much loves us, he cares for us. He is very concern about our comfort, wellbeing and safety. 

So is God our heavenly Father, he provided for the man and his wife. God's unfailing love towards us is everlasting, I pray I may understand and appreciate God's love for me a poor creature. Though unworthy, yet he loves me. For dust  I am, I and to dust I shall return when you call me. My only hope Father, is to behold your glory. Thank you heavenly Father, thank you Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

QUE VOTRE CŒUR NE SOIT PAS BOULEVERSÉ

MARDI, 5ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Je pars vers le Père, car le Père est plus grand que moi. Première Lecture Actes 14,19-28 « ...

GLORIA LITURGY