THERE IS NO OTHER GOD BESIDES GOD

Father in heaven, Your Son Jesus Christ showed his love for you by serving his brothers and sisters in 
need.  I now ask you to give me your help I serve you and your people Open my mouth to praise you in word and song. Open my ears to hear your word. Open my hand to do your work well.  Take from me all evil and distracting thoughts.

Help me to know what I should do and do it well. Help me to serve reverently at your Holy Altar and  give you praise and glory now and for ever. Amen. 

I the Lord, shall create deliverance

Apart from me, all is nothing.

I am the Lord, unrivalled, I form the light and create the dark.
I make good fortune and create calamity, it is I, the Lord, 
who do all this.
Send victory like a dew, you heavens, and let the clouds rain it down.
Let the earth open for salvation to spring up.
Let deliverance, too, bud forth which I, the Lord, shall create.
Yes, thus says the Lord, creator of the heavens, who is God,
who formed the earth and made it, who set it firm,
created it no chaos, but a place to be lived in:
 
‘I am the Lord, unrivalled: there is no other god besides me.
  A God of integrity and a saviour: there is none apart from me.
  Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth,
  for I am God unrivalled. Isaiah 45:6-8,18,21-25


 Send victory like a dew, you heavens, and let the clouds rain it down
 
'Are you the one who is to come?'

John, summoning two of his disciples, sent them to the Lord to ask, ‘Are you the one who is to come, or must we wait for someone else?’ When the men reached Jesus they said, ‘John the Baptist has sent us to you, to ask, “Are you the one who is to come or have we to wait for someone else?”’ It was just then that he cured many people of diseases and afflictions and of evil spirits, and gave the gift of sight to many who were blind. Then he gave the messengers their answer, ‘Go back and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind see again, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, the Good News is proclaimed to the poor and happy is the man who does not lose faith in  me'    Christmas Carol  Changed by the transforming power of Jesus Christ



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY