Friday 4 December 2020

TAKE PITY ON US

Father in heaven, Your Son Jesus Christ showed his love for you by serving his brothers and sisters in 
need.  I now ask you to give me your help I serve you and your people Open my mouth to praise you in word and song. Open my ears to hear your word. Open my hand to do your work well.  Take from me all evil and distracting thoughts.

Help me to know what I should do and do it well. Help me to serve reverently at your Holy Altar and  give you praise and glory now and for ever. Amen.


In a very short time, the deaf will hear and the eyes of the blind will see

Thus says the Lord; 

 
In a short time, a very short time, shall not Lebanon become fertile land and fertile land turn into forest? 
The deaf, that day, will hear the words of a book and, after shadow and darkness, the eyes of the blind will see.

But the lowly will rejoice in the Lord even more and the poorest exult in the Holy One of Israel; for tyrants shall be no more, and scoffers vanish, and all be destroyed who are disposed to do evil: those who gossip to incriminate others, those who try at the gate to trip the arbitrator and get the upright man’s case dismissed for groundless reasons.

Therefore the Lord speaks, the God of the House of Jacob, Abraham’s redeemer:
No longer shall Jacob be ashamed, no more shall his face grow pale, for he shall see what my hands have done in his midst, he shall hold my name holy.
They will hallow the Holy One of Jacob, stand in awe of the God of Israel. 
Erring spirits will learn wisdom and murmurers accept instruction.

Take care that no-one learns about this

As Jesus went on his way two blind men followed him shouting, ‘Take pity on us, Son of David.’ And  
when Jesus reached the house the blind men came up with him and he said to them, ‘Do you believe I can do this?’ They said, ‘Sir, we do.’ Then he touched their eyes saying, ‘Your faith deserves it, so let  this be done for you.’ And their sight returned. 

Then Jesus sternly warned them, ‘Take care that no one 
learns about this.’ But when they had gone, they talked about him all over the countryside.

Lord Jesus Christ Son of the living God, have mercy on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

DEMEUREZ EN MOI

  MERCREDI, 5ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF   Moi, je suis la vigne, et vous, les sarments Première Lecture Actes 15, 1-6 « On déci...