SAINTS CORNELIUS POPE AND CYPRIAN BISHOP

Alter Server Prayer: Father in heaven, your Son Jesus Christ showed his love for you be serving his brothers and sister in need.  I now ask you to give me your help as I serve you and your people. Open my mouth to praise you in word and song. Open my ears to hear your word. Open my hand to do your work well. Take from me all evil and distracting thoughts.  Help me to know what I should do and do it well. Help me to serve reverently at your Holy Altar and give you praise and glory now and for ever. Amen

St. Cornelius (d. 253) Pope & St. Cyprian (d. 258) Bishop. There was no  pope for 14 months after the martyrdom of St. Fabi… | Catholic,  Persecution, Catholic saintsMass Readings  Be ambitious for the higher gifts. And I am going to show you a way that is better than any of them. If I have all the eloquence of men or angels, but speak without love, I am simply a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything, and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. If I give away all that I possess, piece by piece, and if I even let them take my body to burn it, but I am without love, it will do me no good whatever.
Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous; love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offence, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes....

9 Best Jesus preaching images | jesus, preaching, jesus picturesWE PLAYED THE PIPES  

Jesus said to the people:
'What description can I find for the men of this generation? What are they like? They are like children shouting to one another while they sit in the market place: "We played the pipes for you, and you wouldn't dance;

'For John the Baptist comes, not eating bread, not drinking wine, and you say, "He is possessed" The Son of Man comes, eating and drinking, and you say, "Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners." Yet Wisdom has been proved right by all her children.'  we sang dirges, and you wouldn't cry."Homilies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY