OUR TIME IS SHORT

Altar Server Prayer Before Mass: Oh Jesus, my King and Lord, by the grace of the heavenly Father and the power of the Holy Spirit, guide me as I serve you today at the Altar so I may always worthy of Your presence.If I happen to make an error, may it be a lesson so my service will be perfect tomorrow. Jesus, I love you with all my heart.   Amen.  Mass Readings

About remaining celibate, I have no directions from the Lord but give my own opinion as one who, by the Lord's mercy, has stayed faithful. Well then, I believe that in these present times of stress this is right: that it is good for a man to stay as he is. If you are tied to a wife, do not look for freedom; if you are free of  a wife, then do no look for one. But if you marry, it is no sin, and it is not a sin for a young girl to get married. They will have their troubles, though, in their married life, and I should like to spare you that.  
Bible Quotes, Verses, Prayers, Stories & More: The Daily Grace - Why Suffer?
Brothers, this is what I mean: our time is growing short.  Those who have wives should live as though they had none, and those who mourn should live as though they had nothing to mourn for; those who are enjoying life should live as though there were nothing to laugh about; those whose life is buying things should live as though they had nothing of their own; and those who have to deal with the world should not become engrossed in it. I say this because the world as we know it is passing away.

Fixing his eyes on his disciples Jesus said;

'How happy are you who are poor: yours is the kingdom of God.
Happy you who are hungry now: you shall be satisfied.
Jesus and Poverty: Preaching Power for Poor PeopleHappy you who weep now: you shall laugh.

Happy are you when people hate you, drive you out, abuse you, denounce your name as criminal, on account of the Son of Man.
Rejoice when that day comes for joy, for then your reward will be great in heaven.  This was the way their ancestors treated the prophets.

'But alas for you who are rich: you are having your consolation now.
Alas for you who have your fill now: you shall go hungry.
Alas for you who laugh now: you shall mourn and weep.

'Alas for you when the world speaks well of you! This was the
way their ancestors treated the false prophets.'


Father in Heaven give us desire to heart your word, give us courage to act on your word. Send us your Holy Spirit, and give us your grace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY