HOW CAN MAN BE RIGHT AGAINST GOD

Altar Server Prayer: Father in heaven, Your Son Jesus Christ showed his love for you by serving his brothers and sisters in need.  I now ask you to give me your help I serve you and your people Open my mouth to praise you in word and song. Open my ears to hear your word. Open my hand to do your work well. Take from me all evil and distracting thoughts.  Help me to know what I should do and do it well. Help me to serve reverently at your Holy Altar and 
give you praise and glory now and for ever. Amen.



Jobs spoke to his friends: 

 Indeed, I know it is as you say:
how can man be in the right against God? 
one in a thousand would be more than they could answer.
His heart is wise, and his strength is great:
who the can successfully defy him?

He moves the mountains, though they do not know it;

he throws them down when he is angry.
making all it pillars tremble.
The sun, at his command, forbears to rise,
and on the stars he sets a seal.
He and no other stretched out the skies,
and trampled the Sea's tall waves.
The Bear, Orion too, are of his making.
the Pleiades and Mansions of the South.
His works are great, beyond all reckoning, 
Where he to pass me, I should not see him, 
nor detect his stealthy movement.
Were he to snatch a prize, who could prevent him,
or dare to say, 'What are you doing?
or choose arguments against him?
Suppose I am in the right, what use is my defence?
For he whom I must sue is judge as well.
If he deigned to answer my citation, 
could I be sure that he would listen to my voice?
his marvels, past all counting.
How dare I plead my cause, then,
For he whom I must sue is judge as well.
If he deigned to answer my citation,
 could I be sure that he would listen to my voice?

He shakes the earth, and moves it from its place, Suppose I am in the right, what use is my defence?

As Jesus and his disciples travelled along they met a man on the road who said to him, 'I will follow you wherever you go. 'Jesus answered, 'Foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.' 

Another to whom he said, 'Follow me', replied, 'Let me go and bury my father first.' But he answered, 'Leave the dead to bury their dead; your duty is to go and spread the news of the kingdom of God.'

Another said, 'I will follow you, sir, but first let me go and say goodbye to my people at home.' Jesus said to him, 'Once the hand is laid on the plough, no
one who looks back is fit for  the Kingdom of God.









  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY