GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Monday 31 August 2020

THE GOOD NEWS

Altar Server Prayer Before Mass: Oh Jesus, my King and Lord, by the grace of the heavenly Father and the power of the Holy Spirit, guide me as I serve you today at the Altar so I may always worthy of Your presence.

If I happen to make an error, may it be a lesson so my service will be perfect tomorrow.

Jesus, I love you with all my heart.   Amen.  Mass Readings

When I came to you, brothers, it was not with any show of oratory or philosophy, but simply to tell you what god had guaranteed. During my stay with you, the only knowledge I claimed to have was about Jesus, and only about him as the crucified Christ. Far from relying on any power of my own. I came among you in a great 'fear and trembling' and in my speeches and the sermons that I gave, there were none of the arguments that belong to philosophy: only a demonstration of the power of the Spirit. And I did this so that your faith should not depend on human philosophy but on the power of God.

jesus with scrolls at temple | Imagens de cristo, Imagens católicas,  Católico
Jesus came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day as he usually did. He stood up to read and they handed him the scroll of the prophet Isaiah.  Unrolling the scroll he found the place where it is written:

The spirit of the Lord has been given to me, for he has anointed me.
He has sent me to bring the good news to the poor,  to proclaim
liberty to captives and to the blind new sight, to set downtrodden free,
Jesus Reading from Torah | next project! Luke 4:16-30 New In… | Flickrto proclaim the Lord's year of favor.

He then rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the assistant and sat down. And all eyes in the synagogue were fixed on him.  Then he began to speak to them, 'This text is being fulfilled today even as you listen.' And he won the approval of all, and they were astonished by the gracious words that came out from his lips. They said, 'This is Joseph's son, surely?' Luke 4:16-30

Heavenly Father remove from me everything that may cripple my spirit in hearing the Good News.
Lord Jesus Christ may my love abound more and more with knowledge and discernment. Free me from every form of captivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY