GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Sunday 16 August 2020

SON OF DAVID TAKE PITY ON ME

Thus says the Lord: Have a care for justice, act with integrity, for soon my salvation will come an my integrity be manifest.  Foreigners who have attached themselves to the Lord to serve him and to love his name and be his servants - all who observe the sabbath, not profaning it, and cling to my covenant - these I will bring to my holy mountain. I will make them joyful in my house of prayer. Their holocausts and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all the peoples. Isa. 56:1.6-8

Mass Readings

Romans 11:13-15, 29-32
Wednesday, August 7th. Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to St ...Let me tell you pagans this: I have been sent to the pagans as their apostle, and I am proud of being sent, but the purpose of it is to make my own people envious of you, and in this way save some of them.  Since their rejection meant the reconciliation of the world, do you know what their admission will mean? Nothing less than a resurrection from the dead! God never takes back his gifts or revokes his choice. .....

Jesus left Genenesaret and withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.  Then came out a Canaanite woman from the district and started shouting, 'Sir, Son of David, take pity on me. My daughter is tormented by a devil.' But he answered her not a word.  And his disciples went and pleaded with him. 'Give her what she wants,' they said 'because she is shouting after us.' He said in reply, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.' But the woman had come up and was kneeling at his feet. 'Lord,' she said 'help me.' He replied, 'It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the house-dogs.' She retorted, 'Ah yes, Sir; but even the house-dogs can eat the scraps that fall from their master's table.' Then Jesus answered her, 'Woman, you have a great faith. Let your wish be granted.' And from that moment her daughter was well again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY