GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 13 February 2020

FOR THE SAKE OF DAVID

When Solomon grew old his wives swayed his heart to other gods; and his heart was not wholly with the Lord this God as his father David has been.
Solomon became a follower of Astarte, the goddess of the Sidonians, and of Milcom, the Ammonite abomination. He did what was displeasing to the Lord........ Mass Readings

Jerusalem wallsThe Lord was angry with Solomon because his heart had turned from The Lord the God o Israel who had appeared to him twice, and who had forbidden him to follow other gods; but he did not carry out the Lords order. Lectures

The Lord there said to Solomon, 'Since you behave like this and do not keep my covenant or the laws I laid down for you, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your servants.'  For your father David's sake, however, I will not do this during your lifetime, but will tear it out of your son's hands.  Even so, I will not tear the whole kingdom from him.  For the sake of my servant David, and for the sake of Jerusalem which I have chosen, I will leave your son one tribe.'

Heavenly Father, for the sake of your Most Holy Name, do not punish me for my past offences.  I ask for your pardon for every sin committed.  Most especially forgotten sins that may incur your anger. Pardon me for the sake of Jesus Christ your Son who died for me to redeem me from your anger and eternal condemnation. Direct me to obey your command always.



No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY