REDEEM ME GOD FROM ANGUISH



FIRST SUNDAY OF LENT
 
Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.  He fasted for forty days and forty nights, and afterwards he was hungry.

with the Lord there is mercy

When I call, answer me. O God of justice.
From anguish you redeemed me,
how long will your hearts be closed,

 will you love what is futile and seek what is false?
 It is the Lord who gives favours to those
whom he loves; the Lord hears me whenever
I call him.  Fear him; do not sin,
ponder on your bed and be still.

What can bring us happiness?
Many say lift up the light of your face on us.
O Lord, you have put into my heart a greater joy
than they have from abundance of corn and new wine.  Psalm 4


Preserve me, God, I take refuge in you.
I say to the Lord, ‘You are my God’.

Those who choose other gods increase their sorrows.
Never will I offer their offerings of blood.
Never will I take their name upon my lips.

O Lord, it is you who are my portion and cup;
It is you yourself who are my prize.
I keep the Lord ever in my right since he is at
my right hand, I shall stand firm.

You will show me the path of life,
the fullness of joy in your presence,
at your right hand happiness for ever.   Psalm 16
 
Reflection:  We appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain.  For he says ‘In an acceptable time, I heard you, and on the day of salvation I helped you,’ Behold, now is a very acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.  We cause no one to stumble in anything, in order that no fault may be found with our ministry; on the contrary, in everything we commend ourselves as ministers of God.   Cor. 6:1-4


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

VOUS N’APPARTENEZ PAS AU MONDE