SUNDAY PRAYER JANUARY 1 HAPPY NEW YEAR




Ant. Let us celebrate the motherhood of the Virgin Mary, let us worship her Son, Christ the Lord.


Ant.        The Virgin has given birth to the Saviour: a flower has sprung from Jesse’s stock
               and a star has risen from Jacob, O God, we praise you.

Psalm 63:2-9       A soul thirsting for God

O God, you are my God; at dawn I seek you, for you my soul is thirsting.
For you my flesh is pining, like a dry, weary land without water.
I have come before you in the holy place, to behold your strength and your glory.

Your loving mercy is better than life, my lips will speak your praise.
I will bless you all my life, in your name I will lift up my hand.
My soul shall be filled as with a banquet; with joyful my mouth shall praise you.

When I remember you upon my bed, I muse on you through the watches of the night. For you have been my strength, in the shadow of your wings I rejoice.
My soul clings fast to you; your right hand upholds me.

Ant. 2     Mary has given birth to our Saviour. John the Baptist saw him and cried out: This is the Lamb of God; who takes away the sins of the world.

Bless the Lord, all you works of the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.
Heavens, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.


Angels of the Lord, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.
All waters above the heavens, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.

All powers of the Lord, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.
Sun and moon, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.

Stars of heaven, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.
Every shower and dew, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever……

Ant. 3     Mary has given birth to a King whose name is everlasting; hers the joy of motherhood,
             hers the Virgin’s glory. Never was the like seen before, never shall it be seen again, alleluia.

Psalm 149

Chantez pour le Seigneur un chant nouveau: chantez sa louange dans l’assemblée des fidèles
Qu’Israël se réjouisse de son Auteur, que les fils de Sion fêtent leur roi.
Qu’ils louent son nom par la danse, qu’ils jouent pour lui du tambour et de la cithare

Car le Seigneur favorise son peuple, il pare de victoire les humbles.
Que les fidèles exultent en rendant gloire, que sur leurs nattes ils cirent de joie.
Exaltant Dieu a pleine gosier, tenant en main l’épée a deux tranchants.
Tirer vengeance des nations et châtier les peuples, enchainer leur rois,
exécuter contre eux la sentence écrite, c’est l’honneur de tous ses fidèles !

Reading :  The ruler in Israel will give them up, until the time when she who is to give birth has born, and the rest
of his brethren shall return to the children of Israel.  He shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the Lord in the majestic name of the Lord, his God.  He shall be peace.  Mi 5:2,3a,4a

Prayer:   God our Father, may we always profit by the prayers of the Virgin Mother Mary, for you bring us life and
                salvation through Jesus Christ her Son who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for
                ever and ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY